Thread: Im new to the forum. From Tennessee and im full of questions and dying for a cute BIG EYED FROG

Nationality
    [United States]

Question Im new to the forum. From Tennessee and im full of questions and dying for a cute BIG EYED FROG

Hey yall. My name is Tonyette. Im new to the forum. Actually Im new to forums. This is the first forum ive ever joined, read or wrote in to. Not really sure yet extactly what im doing or if im using it right or really what all I can even use the site for. I guess I have a lot to figure out. The site, the , terrariums/vivariums, food and the list just just goes on and on. Any help or suggestions on how to's and where to's would be greatly appreciated and I want to go ahead and say THANK YOU before my mind gets blown or get too overwhelmed to remember to say it later. Ok a little about what ive done and what I have already. A couple of weeks ago I got a new baby box turtle. I never knew there was so much to know, learn and do for these little guys. Right now I have him in a 20 gal fish tank with a small water feature, live plants and moss, full spectrum LED lights, a $38 D3 strip light, a ceramic heat bulb on one end, moss and stone cave on the other, thermometers on each end and a hood to hold in heat and humidity. I know a 20 gal tank isn't very big. I just thought I would start out with that since the little snapper head is smaller than a 50 cent piece. I have a 55 gal as well that I figured once I get read up and well educated on all the requirements and figure out all the little tricks to keep everything in balance that I could then put him in the bigger tank. Also the 20 gal is a pretty nice little set up for him while I figure out a design and set up with the bigger tank and get it all together with the DIY foam walls and waterfalls and pond like some of the bad *** planted reptile and amphibian vivariums ive came across on the web. HOLY COW some (most) of them are absolutely amazing and Ill be happy if I can create one just half as good. While on the internet reading all about turtles, enclosures, vivariums, plant and supplies I came across those big eyed red eyed beautiful tree frogs and a few others that im absolutely in love with. All ive ever had and still have now are the albino African frogs in with my fish. I didn't know that there was such bright, beautiful and colorful frogs that you can actually have to live in your home as your pet and would have never thought they would be so affordable. that got me on a whole other search and bunch of mostly unanswered questions. that's how I found this forum. So with all the info on what I currently have and what id like to do, the most important question I have is...CAN ONE (or maybe two) OF THOSE BIG EYED BEAUTIES SHARE A VIVARIUM SET UP WITH MY LITTLE SNAPPER HEAD and if so is there any thing different I need to add or change or do ? I would do what ever it takes to make the habitat suitable, happy and healthy for both. and little snapper head needs a friend. Ha Ha Ha ! One other kinda important question... Ive started a millworm colony and a red wiggler farm for my little dude. Now ive discovered the roly polies for clean up and food. Where is the best and most affordable place to purchase those to get a good colony going fast. Does anyone on the forum sell them ? I haven't figured out how to find stuff like that on the forum yet. Ok I guess that's it for now. Im sorry its so long. I figured I needed to give all the details to get correct info and that if anyone could help me it would be some one here on this forum. So thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings.

Tonyette (yette529)

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Im new to the forum. From Tennessee and im full of questions and dying for a cute BIG EYED FROG

Hi and welcome to the forum. I would not mix species and I'm sure a lot of people on this forum will agree.. The species that are mixed are well thought out and mixed by experienced keepers or experts. If you want to keep red eyes they won't take up much room as they're housing is taller than wide. A 18 x 18 x 24 Exo Terra will hold a few and if you set it up as a natural planted set up you won't need to do a lot of maintenance or spending after the initial set up costs.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Im new to the forum. From Tennessee and im full of questions and dying for a cute BIG EYED FROG

Hi and thanks. Im really glad I found the forum. Theres really a lot of good info on here and from experienced and knowledgeable people who are actually frog parents. that's the kind of advice I like. And thank you for getting back to me with the advice. As cool as I think they would be as roommates, I know your probably right. And more than anything I want all my pets to be well kept, happy and healthy as I can make it for them. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

Tonyette (yette529)

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You seem like a really decent, responsible keeper

Thread Information