Thread: Baby pacman looks fat

Exclamation Baby pacman looks fat

Ive had my young pacman frog for about 3 weeks or so and he eats well i feed him half a nightcrawler every other day he is in a medium sized critter keeper with a heat mat on the bottom i havnt seen any poop and he basically never moves

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Baby pacman looks fat

They don't do a lot moveing, sit and wait is what they pretty much do. If he looks fat and you think its because he has to go to the bathroom you can give him a honey bath and it pretty much acts like a laxative. Heres what to do, put about 3 to 4 drops of pure honey into a warm bath of declorinated water no higher then his chin and let it dissolve. Let him sit in this for about 20 mins in dark quiet room and you could put a towel over the top of your bathing container to help hold heat in. After about 20 mins in this bath give another bath of just normal warm declorinated water no higher then the chin to rinse the honey residue off of him. He may go in one of the baths or he may wait till he gets back into his enclosure but it usually does the trick. If it doesn't work the first night you can repeat the next.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Baby pacman looks fat

Quote Originally Posted by wattychase View Post
    Ive had my young pacman frog for about 3 weeks or so and he eats well i feed him half a nightcrawler every other day he is in a medium sized critter keeper with a heat mat on the bottom i havnt seen any poop and he basically never moves
    He can't be that big if he's in that size of tank, so I'd imagine it's a baby and therefore needs to be fed daily. You'll also need to feed it more than that, my frog will usually eat 4-6 crickets but just feed the frog as much as it will eat and remove excess. Remember to supplement, it is very important when they're young. All food should be coated and if you don't feed enough food, the frog won't get enough calcium and vitamins from supplements.

If he looks fat and not pooping he may be having problems digesting, are you keeping him warm enough? Day time temps between 78-84F are ideal and night time temps no lower than 70F

They won't do much especially during the day, horned frogs are nocturnal and you can view them at night using special night light LEDs or bulbs.

Thread Information