Thread: Pacmans not eating in enclosure

Default Pacmans not eating in enclosure

So im newer to the frog world and got my first pac man a month ago now I have 10 (darn auctions) I cant get anny of them to take any food from tongs and the dubias just bury them self.if I put them in a different enclosure with wet paper towels they will eat worms and crickets and roaches is this ok to do?

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Pacmans not eating in enclosure

Hi, ya you could put them in a container to feed, just if you put paper towel down make sure they don't eat it. A Horned frog can pull up to 3 times his own weight back into his mouth with his tongue so there is a good chance he will pick up that paper towel. If the bottom of your container or containers seeing you have 10 frogs is smooth with nothing to get scratched on I wouldn't even use the paper towel. I do think feeding in the enclosure is better but if this is what you have to do its ok. Are they all around the same size or are they all different? If you haven't tried all ready sometimes when using tongs if you rub the food under their bottom lip they will snap at it, and once they eat from them and figure out the tongs mean food you shouldn't have any more problems. I know it can be tricky and frustrating but just keep trying and they will come around. If you go on youtube there is a pretty good tong feeding video that gives you tips on how to get babies and picky eaters to eat from the tongs, its from a user named Ivory Reptiles I believe. Oh and just a quick question, do you have all these frogs in their own enclosures?

Yea they are all around half dollar size except for my first is probably 3 inch. I have tried multiple ways at all different times of night and day.... I will skip the paper towel from now on(thanks). As soon as the see the food in the tub they go crazy and chase every last one down.... as long as they get food in them im happy..

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya being babies they need to eat so whatever works for them at the moment is what I would stick with. But I wouldn't give up the tong feeding, I would even just pick up the odd piece of worm or roach while they are in there tub feeding already and see if you can trick them to eat from them since there already in feeding mode. But again whatever works for them and as long as they are eating something I wouldn't overly stress about the tongs, they will come around eventually.

Thread Information