Thread: Anyone here have experience with Red Leg in Fire-belly Toads?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Anyone here have experience with Red Leg in Fire-belly Toads?

Hi everyone, I became an mother of 5 beautiful Fire-belly Toads. I have not had issues with the place I unusually get them from minus them being underweight. But, with them being fed as soon as they get home usually the next day they become plump. (Yes) I adopted from Petco.

I noticed the 5th one I bought today, I buy them different times instead all at the same time. I noticed my new frog has dark brown/Red spots above eye and on back legs. Tummy seems to be fine. Not sure if male or female. Its name is Peapod. They are in a 20 Gal Long. Mostly water and a small portion is land for feeding.

It has ate 8 crickets today since bringing home. Hoping and swimming fine. His/her belly doesn't look inflamed or sore like. Should I take it out of the tank from the other's?

Below is two pictures:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Anyone here have experience with Red Leg in Fire-belly Toads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5Firebelly View Post
    Hi everyone, I became an mother of 5 beautiful Fire-belly Toads. I have not had issues with the place I unusually get them from minus them being underweight. But, with them being fed as soon as they get home usually the next day they become plump. (Yes) I adopted from Petco.

I noticed the 5th one I bought today, I buy them different times instead all at the same time. I noticed my new frog has dark brown/Red spots above eye and on back legs. Tummy seems to be fine. Not sure if male or female. Its name is Peapod. They are in a 20 Gal Long. Mostly water and a small portion is land for feeding.

It has ate 8 crickets today since bringing home. Hoping and swimming fine. His/her belly doesn't look inflamed or sore like. Should I take it out of the tank from the other's?

Below is two pictures:

First good job buying from petco not pets mart I got one with a broken leg (sadly it died ) but on the topic at hand I got one from petco and it was completely the color on your frogs leg I'm not going to lie and say I know all about it and a name (because I don't ) but the frog lived an became a normal green after a while I don't know why or how but it did I dusted crickets /mealworms in calcium and zoomed reptile vitamins I normally do this anyway but I made sure he ate them and I kept a close eye on him so don't worry too much but try what you can

Nationality
    [United States]

Oh Peapod Has a wonderful appetite definitely gained weight. Still has reddish/brown marks above eye side of belly and legs the top. Hopefully, it isn't red leg. Otherwise I will loose all 5 of my frogs and will be very unhappy. But, Peapod is very active and happy. I am not wondering if when they where cleaning the aquarium at the store if it didn't get burned or something? The cage was awful this time I went. The snails enclosure next to the firebellys had millions of mites. SICK! normally the upkeeping is way better than that. I wanted to turn to the guy who deals with them and say what is wrong with you!

Quote Originally Posted by 5Firebelly View Post
    Oh Peapod Has a wonderful appetite definitely gained weight. Still has reddish/brown marks above eye side of belly and legs the top. Hopefully, it isn't red leg. Otherwise I will loose all 5 of my frogs and will be very unhappy. But, Peapod is very active and happy. I am not wondering if when they where cleaning the aquarium at the store if it didn't get burned or something? The cage was awful this time I went. The snails enclosure next to the firebellys had millions of mites. SICK! normally the upkeeping is way better than that. I wanted to turn to the guy who deals with them and say what is wrong with you!
    yep I am sometimes discussed in the reptile cages also but anyway the if pea pod has red leg then the others at the store do too so I would go back to the store and check on the ones there ask if any have died there if so watch peapod an desperate him as soon as you can and also get some of the calcium and reptile vitimans

Thread Information