Thread: Pacman Food?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Question Pacman Food?

Has anyone used Zoomed Pacman food? Is it any good? I've heard it can be fed to White's tree frogs too and so want to try some (also want to gut load crickets with it). Can't find it at our local Petco or Petsmarts at all though, so wondering where to purchase it?
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Default Re: Pacman Food?

I have never used it myself but can honestly say I haven't heard anything bad or any horror stories about harming there frog. Im pretty sure their is a couple different brands and I think I read in thread on here once someone said one is better then the other. If you have something like a Big Als fish store near you or something to that equivalent check there, I find sometimes I find stuff in there small reptile department that I cant find in stores that should have it. And I have seen both brands and for the life of me cant remember the names. Im editing because I had second to think, im pretty sure their is zoomed pacman frog food and the other is called something like Samurai pacman food. And I think the person in the thread I mentioned said the Samurai is a bit better, again not 100% sure so someone correct if im wrong. I imagine there may be others but those are the 2 brands that come up the most.

4. This member thanks monster for this post:

Do you guys think it's ok to feed small frogs?

Nationality
    [United States]

You should be able to find it online easily. I have also heard that samurai is better.
    Is there a reason you aren't feeding live food? I'm not bashing the powered food I just believe you should always feed live food when you can.

And joshua, what do you mean? Feed the pacman food to small frogs ? And what kind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7. This member thanks Emily1 for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emily1 View Post
    You should be able to find it online easily. I have also heard that samurai is better.
    Is there a reason you aren't feeding live food? I'm not bashing the powered food I just believe you should always feed live food when you can.

And joshua, what do you mean? Feed the pacman food to small frogs ? And what kind.

Cause I saw a video of a pacman eating a frog so I thought I can do that to..

Nationality
    [United States]

I would never do that no. Do not feed pacman frogs smaller frogs. You never know what the other frog may have on its skin. Plus the bones are not good to be constantly digesting. Or worse they other frog may hurt your frog.

I would say it's a definite no.

10. 2 members thank Emily1 for this post:

I would never do that no. Do not feed pacman frogs smaller frogs. You never know what the other frog may have on its skin. Plus the bones are not good to be constantly digesting. Or worse they other frog may hurt your frog.

I would say it's a definite no.

Ok thank you mate! No idea why but earthworms in singapore are so skinny lol

Nationality
    [Canada]

So asking this question on this forum may be frowned upon, you are on a forum where people love frogs. But I do understand that in certain parts of the world or countries that some of the more common feeders aren't available. So heres my thoughts, if you were to try and feed frogs you would be spending a lot of money on feeders because you cant just go outside and pick up a frog and feed to your frog. Reason being is that one of these wild frogs will be carrying something like a parasite or some sort of sickness that will be passed on to your frog. Its just not worth it. You would have to breed small frogs yourself and that's a lot more work then buying some crickets or worms Etc. I see a lot of videos of people feeding overly big mice or frogs on youtube, I think I seen one of a guy feeding a finch. And out of all honesty I would bet a lot of these frogs are not still alive due to poor diet or from a injury or something down those lines. What is available for feeders were you are? Can you post a pic of one of these worms? Im thinking maybe they are not nightcrawlers and could be something like a red wiggler and you don't want to give him that because they have a bad taste and it will probably turn him off worms.

13. 2 members thank monster for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    So asking this question on this forum may be frowned upon, you are on a forum where people love frogs. But I do understand that in certain parts of the world or countries that some of the more common feeders aren't available. So heres my thoughts, if you were to try and feed frogs you would be spending a lot of money on feeders because you cant just go outside and pick up a frog and feed to your frog. Reason being is that one of these wild frogs will be carrying something like a parasite or some sort of sickness that will be passed on to your frog. Its just not worth it. You would have to breed small frogs yourself and that's a lot more work then buying some crickets or worms Etc. I see a lot of videos of people feeding overly big mice or frogs on youtube, I think I seen one of a guy feeding a finch. And out of all honesty I would bet a lot of these frogs are not still alive due to poor diet or from a injury or something down those lines. What is available for feeders were you are?
    Oh I haven got my frog yet, just wanna make sure I don't do the wrong thing. Sorry if I offended anyone here.. In my country, I have earthworms, meal worms, guppies , crickets and giant meal worms. Think I'll go for earthworms n cricket.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hey it never hurts to ask, and like I said sometimes people just don't have a lot options were they are. From what you listed I would agree to stick with crickets and worms.

16. This member thanks monster for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm sorry that may have came off harsh, it's just that you have no idea what is in those frogs. Parasites and disease I would bet. You don't want to hurt your frog.

18. This member thanks Emily1 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I do feed live. My guys staple diet is gut loaded crickets alternated with dubia and occasional waxworms; they have also taken butterworms, hornworms, & earthworms. I'm just looking for alternates, especially in case of emergency or inability to obtain feeders at any point due to weather, etc. Also thinking about trying it on my problem child, Honey-Lime, who has been digestively sensitive from the beginning (likely due to the effects of the coccidiosis they originally came with from Petco).

Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny

Nationality
    [United States]

Totally understandable, I even found a brand that pre mixes it (so no mushy mess to deal with)

Hikari Pac Attack Pacman Frog Food: 1 41 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OVV2ODU..._JYTOvbNR47V2D

21. This member thanks Emily1 for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Thanks, will check that and the Samurai brand out for reviews
    Mom to these fine frogs!

Good to have guys like you all! Thanks!

Thread Information