Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New FBT set up

thank you guys, hopefully they will so i can start enjoying them:P

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hey, good job man looks way better. My one last suggestion and it is totally up to you because it does look good is maybe find a nice size rock and put it on the opposite side of the turtle dock. That way if they don't feel like all chillin together if they choose to get out of the water it gives them choice of were they want to be. Or even place a couple smaller rocks just big enough for them to kind of chill on in couple different spots. But like I said that's if you want to because it does look a lot better, Its actually starting to give me some ideas if I ever decide to change my setup.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

thanks cory that's a good suggestion, i'll find a nice rock from down the beach at some point

5. This member thanks jasonm96 for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

No problem man, that's what forum is for. And when you said a walk down the beach it gave me another idea that you even may have already thought, a small piece of drift wood would also give them somewere to chill. And it would probably look nicer then a rock. Hope your guys like there new pad and I imagine in the next couple weeks you will come up a ton of ideas for them if you wanted to add something else. I had to stop looking at my tanks or I would have drove myself insane with ways to change them around. L.O.L

Nationality
    [Canada]

If you are going to add things to the tank from outside be sure to boil/bake to kill off any harmful insects, bacteria, etc.

8. This member thanks Sunshine for this post:

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

yeah definitely, i'll boil them for 15 mins. i think i'll probably go with a rock though so there's no chance of rotting and it'll go with the pebbles already in. i'm the same but i'm pretty satisfied with my set up now, so they'll get to settle now

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Much much better.

Does the rock have a decent place for them to hide under? I think they like to have hiding places on both land and water, but even without, that setup will keep them healthier (IMO)

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

thanks man. yeah one of them does under it. since putting them in this set up. all i can hear are calling noises. sadly, i'm sure all of them are males. think i might get another toad and hopefully it'll be a girl so my boys can get some action does anyone know if fbt's water need to be filtered? i was thinking of going shallower and chucking the filter as it's just making the water go far too crazy, kind of fed up with it. i know some people don't filter cos they say the toads don't like the water movement. what's your thoughts on this? if filtration is a must, i might look into getting eheim mini flat filter.

Nationality
    [Canada]

With a setup like yours you would need a filter, even if you made it abit shallower. Right now with my setup I do a 25% water change once a week and then do a good cleaning at the end of month, but I always save some of the old water to put in with the new. I treat it pretty much like a fish tank, and my water area I left the bottom just glass so its easier to spot clean through out the week. In front of my filter I built up some rocks on front of it to reduce the flow of the water. Without the filter you would have to do water changes a lot more often to so your ammonia and nitrates level stay low so its still healthy from them. And without I would also imagine you would have a greater chance of creating some sort of bacteria or something in the water that would not be good for your little buddies. I would maybe try that other filter or maybe do like I did and try to put something else in front of the one you got to reduce the current.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

i might slope the gravel to one side then to make the land and leave the bottom of the water just the glass like yourself. the filter won't work at the level i've got it at just now. so i'll just spot clean daily and do water changes every 2-3 days before the filter comes. have you got pics of your set up? i'd love to see it

Nationality
    [Canada]

Im just trying to figure out how to send them to photobucket or a site similar. Like I mentioned earlier i even went and took more pics for ya its just im computer illiterate so its just the figuring out how to send them. My neighbour is a computer whiz so if i cant figure it out tonight i will get him to help me tomorrow morning.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

Alright nice just need to upload them to a site like the one i used http://imgur.com/ and copy the url. really hope the pictures work on this site at some point. would like to make an album with pictures of my frogs or what i've found 'herping' in wetlands but never lets me upload photos atm.

Nationality
    [Canada]

The site was hacked by some idiot a couple months ago and ever since then the picture uploader hasn't worked. And yes for someone like me it would nice if worked again sometime in the future.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

alright, so i decided to change it, couldn't stand the fake plants, as i much preferred the natural look better but i think you'll like the finished product but i already know my toads do, i've never seen them so active before. i've took all the advice into consideration and made a simple but natural looking set up. still waiting on a filter but if it doesn't work well with the set up, i'm not changing the set up, instead just do more frequent water changes. so yeah for anyone who's interested here it is http://imgur.com/uU9rXKA you can see two of my toads in the right hand corner. thanks guys, i'm glad i listened and gave them more water

Nationality
    [Canada]

http://i.imgur.com/mRBDFC6.png, http://i.imgur.com/V8OvyER.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/KXKOYsY.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/aGFOX16.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/C36oQy2.jpg. I finally got the pics, hope you enjoy. The middle were the divider is I cover with moss so they rub against when going over it but I took it out quick so you could see the divide. That beige landing area in the water usually has abit of water on it but it was due for a water change so the level was abit low. The filter is in behind that rock to create a water fall, and I have some smaller river rock built up around intake to reduce the flow. They love sitting in behind the water fall and letting the drips of water fall on them. I sometimes have 2 of those lilypads but I decided to change things up with that plant. Even though the water area looks crowded they can swim and hide underneath the plants and rocks, the little guy I have likes to sit under that turtle dock against the back wall on that turtle grass stuff I put under it. And I think I put it in the thread somewhere but the tank is a 30gallon long, there is 4 of them in there.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Blog Entries

that looks awesome! so much going on, really looks natural. i'd love to get a big tank and do something similiar in the future. thanks for sharing

20. This member thanks jasonm96 for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya man no problem, and im glad you liked it. Your new setup looks pretty good and I imagine they will like it a lot, and im glad I was able to help you out.

22. This member thanks monster for this post:

Nationality
    [Canada]

Hey, had to clean out my landside today and I added a few flowers and put that cork round against the back wall. The first pic is from the end of the tank in behind that stump. Oh and the 80 on that gauge is the humidity not the heat, just in case someone notices and thinks that what temp they are kept at. L.O.L If you look hard enough you can see one of the little guys sitting right on the divider under that pink flower. This tank takes me awhile to clean.

24. This member thanks monster for this post:

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Looks good, but I would make sure that the flowers are frog friendly, and not toxic

Nationality
    [Canada]

Ya they are ok, I have had them for awhile and just never put them in. They all actually come from some sort of reptile or amphibian plant or aquarium plant that I have made sure are froggy freindly that I have collected from various stores. The big pink ones are from the lilypads that are in the water. I end up pulling some of them apart if its to bulky or something and make a couple out of them. To be honest I have been looking and thinking of turning it into a planted tank for them. Just a matter of time and comeing up with an idea that im going to really enjoy looking at and one that they will enjoy living in. I would like to do something like abit of land on both sides with it running a few inches wide across back, almost so it would look like a C. Then have the water portion in the front of the tank so it looks like a pond.

27. This member thanks monster for this post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information