Thread: Seeking Breeder for White's Tree Frog (or advice on where to order)

trkent

Default Seeking Breeder for White's Tree Frog (or advice on where to order)

Hello,

I'm seeking a breeder for White's Tree Frogs (or any advice on some safe places I can order from). I'd love if I could have some references (if you're a breeder or know one) or some testimonials if you can provide a website where I can order.

I'm an aspiring White's owner and I'd like to try and find a happy and healthy friend.

Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Seeking Breeder for White's Tree Frog (or advice on where to order)

LLLreptiles, Joshes Frogs, and Rainforest Junkies are good places to get ANY tree frog! I'm also an aspiring Whites owner! Whites are great frogs and you will not regret buying them!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

And Sandfire Dragon Ranch (Bob Mailoux) for awesome WTF morphs, but they sell out fast, cost more than your "average" White's TF (for good reason!) and Bob can be hard to get a hold of sometimes
    Mom to these fine frogs!
    4.4.0 White's tree frogs (Litoria caerulea): Sir Honey Lime, Bok & Choi, Martha, Shirley, Leapin' Loo and Ping & Pong; 0.2.1 Amazon Milk Frogs (Trachycephalus resinifictrix): Otto & Echo and Pip-Squeak aka Tiny
    2.0.0 South American Bird Poo Frogs (Hyla marmorata): Ribbit & Rupert

5. This member thanks irThumper for this post:

trkent

Hey again irThumper! Thanks to both of you guys! I'm gonna check all these out.

trkent

I'm sorry about this - I'm sure like with any forum there is a rule for double posting. Forgive me. But, so, yeah, you guys...

LLLreptile - I couldn't seem to find any whites here...
    Josh's Frogs - Same thing here...
    Rainforest Junkies - I found one here but it doesn't seem you can order? I think it's a gallery reptile show? Not a seller?
    Sandfire - Down for reorganization

So sad... if anyone else has any links please send them this way! Very much appreciated!

Nationality
    [United States]

Try a locally owned pet store around where you live, but never get them from Petco or Petsmart, those ones are not properly cared for and usually have parasites and other illnesses!

trkent

Quote Originally Posted by FrogLov3r View Post
    Try a locally owned pet store around where you live, but never get them from Petco or Petsmart, those ones are not properly cared for and usually have parasites and other illnesses!
    I'll have to do some look arounds but unfortunately PetCo is one of the only pet stores around here... Argh.

Nationality
    [United States]

If you do get one from Petco just put it in a quarantine container (so like a Critter Keeper)and wait for like a week and then take it out of quarantine and then put it in its real tank or just wait for (if you have one) your local Reptile Expo because they'll most likely have one!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Seeking Breeder for White's Tree Frog (or advice on where to order)

I personally would quarantine for a longer period of time than a week, maybe a month or so. But this also depends on wether you will be introducing a frog to a current viv with frogs inside. If the the frog will be on its own petco isn't so bad assuming the frog is relatively healthy and you don't mind taking the frog to the vet to be checked out. That's what I did with my wtf Misty. She's been in quarantine for almost two months with a trip to my local herp vet and I have been having her stool tested to make sure she's safe to introduce to my full grown established wtfs. She's been having slightly abnormal poops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephanie

Thread Information