Thread: Green & golden bell lover, owner.

Winter

Default Green & golden bell lover, owner.

Hello fellow frog lovers. I live in New Zealand & I'm happy to find a place where I can read & share story's about frogs. I have frogs all over my house, I even have a big one I cuddle in bed every night. I have had frogs for years, but a few years ago life was being a ***** to me & my girl & I had to give up my beautiful green/goldens. We are in a good place now & have 2 cats. They are hunters, everyone knows that but I had no idea they would bring everything home. Crickets, lizards, birds, rats, mice, even a baby rabbit. Don't panic, everything they bring inside that is still alive I take off them, so the rabbit lived. One night I heard a strange noise, like a tiny scream, I got my torch & had a look from my porch but saw nothing but my cat looking at something & went back inside. Soon as I sat down I heard the noise again so this time I put my jandals on & went out to the grass. Just as I stepped on the grass I saw something fly through the air. It was long & I thought to myself, that doesn't look like a mouse, so I went a bit closer & discovered it was a beautiful green & golden bell frog. It jumped into my garden so I ran inside & grabbed a container. I sat it in the container & the next day I brought my tank in from the shed & created a new home for him. That was just 3 months ago & I'm happy to say he is healthy & happy. It's great to be here & as soon as I figure out how to put up a pic of Poppy I will.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Green & golden bell lover, owner.

Hello and Welcome to the forum ! Thats an interesting little encounter your cat had! I'm glad your frog is doing well and I look forward to seeing photos of the little guy.

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman1031 View Post
    Hello and Welcome to the forum ! Thats an interesting little encounter your cat had! I'm glad your frog is doing well and I look forward to seeing photos of the little guy.

Thankyou Frogman. Maybe you can help, I'm not sure how to put a pic up. I shall try & get a photo of him first, he's always hiding.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Green & golden bell lover, owner.

There are tools above the reply box. One of the has a photo icon (i think its a photo of a tree). Click there and upload a file

Litoria
    caerulea 1.1.0 (White's Tree Frog)
    Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis ​0.1.0 (Anerythristic Honduran Milk Snake) Tliltocatl albopilosus 0.0.2 (Curly Hair Tarantula)
    Aphonopelma hentzi 0.0.1 (Texas Brown Tarantula)
    Avicularia avicularia 0.0.2 (Pinktoe Tarantula)
    Brachypelma smithi ex. annitha 0.0.1 (Mexican Giant Red Knee Tarantula) Monocentropus balfouri 0.0.2 (Socotra Island Blue Baboon Tarantula)
    Harpactira pulchripes
    0.0.1 (Golden Blue Leg Baboon Tarantula)

Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Hello fellow frog lovers. I live in New Zealand & I'm happy to find a place where I can read & share story's about frogs. I have frogs all over my house, I even have a big one I cuddle in bed every night. I have had frogs for years, but a few years ago life was being a ***** to me & my girl & I had to give up my beautiful green/goldens. We are in a good place now & have 2 cats. They are hunters, everyone knows that but I had no idea they would bring everything home. Crickets, lizards, birds, rats, mice, even a baby rabbit. Don't panic, everything they bring inside that is still alive I take off them, so the rabbit lived. One night I heard a strange noise, like a tiny scream, I got my torch & had a look from my porch but saw nothing but my cat looking at something & went back inside. Soon as I sat down I heard the noise again so this time I put my jandals on & went out to the grass. Just as I stepped on the grass I saw something fly through the air. It was long & I thought to myself, that doesn't look like a mouse, so I went a bit closer & discovered it was a beautiful green & golden bell frog. It jumped into my garden so I ran inside & grabbed a container. I sat it in the container & the next day I brought my tank in from the shed & created a new home for him. That was just 3 months ago & I'm happy to say he is healthy & happy. It's great to be here & as soon as I figure out how to put up a pic of Poppy I will.
    This is just me practicing to put up a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information