Thread: Would this be a good set up?

Codo

Default Would this be a good set up?

I don't know if this goes here but I don't know if this a good set up i guess.

Tank (10 gallons)
    Grreat Choice® Terrarium

substrate:eco earth

Food dish XS repti rock and water dish all living things food dish.

Water conditioner Reptisafe

Cleaner zoo med wipe out

heating mat (Gets really cold in my house in the winter. we have ceiling heat) Grreat Choice® Mini Heat Mat

food (For the start) zoo med repti Cricket

and just a Digital Terrarium Thermometer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Would this be a good set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Codo View Post
    I don't know if this goes here but I don't know if this a good set up i guess.

Tank (10 gallons)
    Grreat Choice® Terrarium

substrate:eco earth

Food dish XS repti rock and water dish all living things food dish.

Water conditioner Reptisafe

Cleaner zoo med wipe out

heating mat (Gets really cold in my house in the winter. we have ceiling heat) Grreat Choice® Mini Heat Mat

food (For the start) zoo med repti Cricket

and just a Digital Terrarium Thermometer
    Are you getting a baby or adult?

DesertHeat

Looks like you have most of the basics.

You'll want to add to your list a hygrometer and either a heat lamp or a ceramic heat emitter.

What kind of Pacman are you planning on getting? If it's albino I definitely recommend a ceramic heat emitter instead of a lamp since light can damage an albino eyes.

Ideally you'll get your habitat set up a week or so before getting the frog so you can get the temp and humidity dialed in.

Make sure to read the care sheet found here: http://www.frogforum.net/care-sheet-...ubmission.html

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Codo

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Are you getting a baby or adult?
    A baby

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Codo View Post
    A baby
    Then a 10 gallon is too big. You'll want to buy a smaller enclosure like a medium Reptile Carrier and place a Zoo Med Mini UTH(Under Tank Heater) on one side. Cover the vented lid with Saran Wrap(Plastic Wrap) and attach it to the lid by means of tape. Leave the vents on the ends of the lid open for air circulation. You can also use a lamp and place it about 12" above the keeper to shine down over it and add extra heat.

Desertheat has you covered on the differences for Albinos, but I usually recomend infrared lights since you can't tell how much output is coming from a ceramic heat emitter. They don't release any light just heat. You'll want a lamp with a dimmer switch so you can adjust the bulb's heat and light output.

Codo

Then a 10 gallon is too big. You'll want to buy a smaller enclosure like a medium Reptile Carrier and place a Zoo Med Mini UTH(Under Tank Heater) on one side. Cover the vented lid with Saran Wrap(Plastic Wrap) and attach it to the lid by means of tape. Leave the vents on the ends of the lid open for air circulation. You can also use a lamp and place it about 12" above the keeper to shine down over it and add extra heat.

Desertheat has you covered on the differences for Albinos, but I usually recomend infrared lights since you can't tell how much output is coming from a ceramic heat emitter. They don't release any light just heat. You'll want a lamp with a dimmer switch so you can adjust the bulb's heat and light output.
    Ok seems pretty good thanks

Nationality
    [United States]

A medium ExoTerra Breeding Box will work fine for a baby until it's big enough (3.5 in) to release in a 10G. Fluker's makes light bulb domes with built in dimmers. Zoo Med's Mini Heater Mat is the only one rated for plastic critter keeper type boxes. IRT shredded coco; if bought in brick form you should mix it wit dechlorinated tap until it's slightly damp and clumps in fist without dripping water out. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

SqUaReJeLLy

May I ask what you mean but this, "you can't tell how much output is coming from a ceramic heat emitter"? Isn't that what a thermometer is for? Is it because at a glance you can tell that it's working or...? I personally love my heat emitter. They cost more but in my experience last MUCH longer so in the long run it's worth it. I use mine in a dome with a dimmer, like you mentioned, and usually never have it turned up more then half way unless it's really cold. We all like different things and have different reasons for liking them and I'm just curious as to your reasoning.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by SqUaReJeLLy View Post
    May I ask what you mean but this, "you can't tell how much output is coming from a ceramic heat emitter"? Isn't that what a thermometer is for? Is it because at a glance you can tell that it's working or...? I personally love my heat emitter. They cost more but in my experience last MUCH longer so in the long run it's worth it. I use mine in a dome with a dimmer, like you mentioned, and usually never have it turned up more then half way unless it's really cold. We all like different things and have different reasons for liking them and I'm just curious as to your reasoning.
    Why so defensive????

Most people want to see their animal. There is nothing wrong with ceramic heat emitters they just have no visible light. I always suggest something that allows them to see their animal as well. These are nocturnal frogs and when feeding at night when they're active and hunting it makes it easier to see what you're doing without turning another light source on.

Thread Information