Thread: Pac man longevity?

dragonfry

Default Pac man longevity?

What is the oldest you all have been able to keep a pac man frog?
    I got mine in august of 1992 as a 1/2 dollar sized froglet. At the reptile expo in Orlando.
    I purchased her after i was poking at the baby frogs and she bit me on the finger. I told the lady I'll take this one since she seemed like willing feeder. (She was after all taking on a human hand!)
    Ed is currently 22 years old and still going strong.

So hold old is your senior frog?
    Fry

2. This member thanks dragonfry for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

reptileszz

Default Re: Pac man longevity?

Wow! He looks fantastic!

Carole

Nationality
    [France]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Incredible, 21 years old ??
    She is so nice...
    1.0.0 Ceratophrys ornata CB
    0.1.0 Pleurodeles waltl CB
    1.0.0 Pyxicephalus adspersus CB

Nice to see another old timer around! I've had my pacman since the summer of 1991, purchased as a tiny froglet from a local pet store. He has probably spent about 10 years of his life completely buried.

Hypno

Name:  hypno.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  27.2 KB mines about 6 months old.. but she is my first pacman and frog ever... i stopped here bc I cant seem to get the information on what need to know and you all have done so well.. I want to say mine is 22 yrs old or old... one day... I need to know how can I tell if my frog is going into hibernation or if she just covered herself with her dirt bc she likes it? and how long does this hibernation last... what should or should i not do during this time? i took her out today and put her in a bath bc she hadnt had a bowel movement in like almost 2 months I know when she gets in a luke warm cool water she will go, well she got started and she did shed during it, she seemed happier, hoping around, it was the most I seen her move before ... after an hr or so she went potty really well and then , about 20 mins ago bf ask me where my frog was, said he thought she burried herself, so i went over to her and sure enough u can not see her, i went ahead and put her daily crickets in ... wasnt sure what to to do, the temps and humidity are prefect as always.... maybe she just cold i thought so even though i always leave the light on after bath to help her, i turn it off after awhile bc i read no more the 7 hrs a day, so i turned it back on tonight.... I really need all u'all adivce.. i really dont want to loose my frog.. i will be heart broken.. i love that frog just as I loved my bird many yrs ago and when she got egg bound I was torn , havent owned another since and didnt want to get attach to another pet like this but frogs got my heart... so anything u can tell me will be great.. and thank you so much.. you all are doing fantastic to have frogs that long...

dragonfry

If your frog is female you can expect a pretty long lifespan, males don't seem to hang around as long. When i got Ed i though it was a male. We later renamed her Edwenia. ( Remember the line, Put Edweinia back in bowl!?)
    If she acts hungry i feed her, striking at the glass, hopping around, lunging. She wants to be fed. If i dangle a mouse in front of her and she ignores it, back it goes to the mouse bin. I'm leery of leaving any food animal in the tank as they can attack the frogs. Both mice and crickets can do a lot of damage.
    When she start refusing food in the fall/winter as it cools down i stop offering food. Because Ed is so large i have given up keeping anything in her tank, she just destroys everything and makes a stinky mess. So she hasn't buried up in a long time. Mostly she just hunkers down and i clean her tank about every 2 weeks. When things start to warm up again she lets me know when she's ready for more food. I think the trick is not to over feed in the fall. Let them have an empty belly for a while. This way food doesn't rot in the gut while the frog is cold.
    Good luck with your baby.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

What's up with her right eye? Is there something wrong with it or is it just the angle the photo was shot at or a reflection?

Thread Information