Thread: Pin worms

aegillesp

Default Pin worms

So, I took Laputa to the vet two weeks ago and she came home with some antibiotics and the such and well I took a sample of poo a day before she had to go back. Lets just say when the doctor says they rate them on a scale from 0-4, he said mine was a 6. He said her poo was pretty much nothing BUT worms. saddness. She came home with some meds, and I'm having a hard time getting her little mouth open because she keeps getting her arm out of the paper towel... I made her squeak a few times which made me feel horrible, because I thought I was hurting her.

The doc told me to boil or throw away everything I could. I read on here to bleach everything, but he said that didn't work for these worms?? I had to boil everything I could, which resulted in one of my decorations to be not to decorative anymore. I do have a few questions though.

I am thinking about getting another frog once she is doing better, is eating and more active. I bought an 18x18x24, which I think is too big just for her, but I was wondering if I will have to worry about worms AGAIN with her... when could I add another? She is still in her 12x12x18 tank, I'm waiting for her to get better before I move her to a new home.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pin worms

Quote Originally Posted by aegillesp View Post
    ... I am thinking about getting another frog once she is doing better, is eating and more active. I bought an 18x18x24, which I think is too big just for her, but I was wondering if I will have to worry about worms AGAIN with her... when could I add another? She is still in her 12x12x18 tank, I'm waiting for her to get better before I move her to a new home.
    If treatment is successful you should not need to worry. For adding another frog is not a matter of when, but of how. New frog will need to be quarantine and during that time a fecal should be done. If it receives a clean bill of health; then you can put them together. If not; then need to treat and nothing should be shared between two frogs until 2nd one is OK. Good luck !
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

aegillesp

Thank you! I appreciate the info! How many Green tree frogs can I get in a 18x18x24? I don't want them to stress out, but I'd like to get maybe 1-2 more? Would a White's not work with a GTF?

Gentlemangorath

I myself have two Green Tree Frogs in an 12x12x18 tank and my two little guys are doing well in there. Ample room for these little guys and they seem to be happy. Various spots for each to sleep during the day and then room for them to be active at night. That tank seems like it would be for a lot of frogs, or for larger frogs.

aegillesp

Should you not put a white's tree frog in with a green tree frog? Or should I just stick with green tree frogs?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I wouldn't mix the AGTR with WTF since the WTF can get very big they might consider the small frog food. You would be able to house 4-5 AGTF comfortably in the 18x18x24.
    Rest in peace Rosie 5-31-12
    Rest in peace Rufus 2-7-14
    Rest in peace Morph 8-14-15

aegillesp

Awesome! Thank you!

Thread Information