Thread: New to Pacmans

Malaika

Default New to Pacmans

I got this guy recently at a pet store for $20 and thought it was a good deal. Anyone know what kind he is?
    Name:  IMG_2094.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  131.3 KB
    I've had him for about two weeks and have NEVER seen him move or eat any of his crickets, the original 10 are still hopping around his tank. He is on ecoearth that is misted daily with moss and a shallow water bowl. My room stays at around 75*. I keep him next to my snake racks so he gets a bit extra heat from their UTH's. Any idea whats wrong? He won't take it when I dangle them with tweezers, wasn't interested in the pinky mouse or waxworms.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jaba96

Default Re: New to Pacmans

This does seem weird but with Pacmans ya never know he'll eat alright but just when he's ready and by the way how recent is this picture that could let us see your predicament a little better

Wicked frogs

Looks like a fantasy pac-man frog to me but there is definitely more people on here with experience, I do have a pac-man that i adopted from a frog that was starved and miss taken care of i put him in a nice big tank made sure the humidity and temp was right and he also burrowed, tell ya the truth he borrowed for quite some time. He would not eat AT ALL for i would say just around a month or so i would put food in there he would not even take a look at them i found out on here that frogs can get easily stressed out perhaps maybe when you got him the move did it and i think that was what happened with my guy. Honestly i did not wanna stress him out more than he already was so i let him just chill under the dirt till he poked his eyes out and even then he was skeptical THEN ONE DAY he came out of his bubble looking like he wanted to eat but still didn't so i force feed him once so he knew what food was LOL and i waited AND WAITED till he broke out of his bubble im pretty sure your awesome little guy will break outta his bubble soon just don't stress him out. About the moving part MOST almost all pac-mans are lazy as hell and sit in one spot i could be months and my pac will just be chillin hehe so that's normal. Just be patient btw love your frog take care.

Timmy Z
    Wicked Frogs

frogsanity12

Welcome!

Looks like a Fantasy. Try earth worms

GeorgiaBulls

Nice fantasy frog. It's a hybrid of c. cornuta x c. cranwelli.
    As far as not eating what size tank do u have him in?
    Put him in a small tank for now (medium critter keeper) and drop 4-6 large crickets or small Dubai roaches and leave him alone for 30 min.
    If he doesn't eat them in the 30 min take them out. Do this every day or every other day and he should eat. Make sure ur temp is at 80-82 during the day and around 76-78 at night humidity needs to be at least 70%. Also soak him in a warm dechlorinated bath with a few drops of honey this will get his metabolism going. Be sure to do all of these things and u should be good. Don't forget to take the food items out after about 30 min and be sure that he's left alone to eat.

infamouschris7

Definitely fantasy frog

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That's a gorgeous Fantasy you have.

It just needs time to acclimate to its new surroundings. Don't worry, it will come around. Keep a consistent climate within the enclosure and break the hind legs off the crickets so they're easier to catch.

Nationality
    [United States]

Nice frog! I hardly ever see fantasy frogs at local petstores.

Take the moss out if you're leaving prey in there for him to hunt. Pacs will lung at anything that moves, and end up with whatever substrate they were on in their mouths as well. If swallowed, moss can cause them to become severely impacted.

Thread Information