Thread: purple fantasy frog?

mafoo

Default purple fantasy frog?

lately after browsing this forum ive noticed that i havent seen any purple fantasys, and i cant find any on google images. at my local pet store theres a fantasy pacman that is purple and a green stripe on his back, is this anything rare? just curious as this frog has been there for atleast 6 months on coco fibre and moss so i want to just rescue him even though he isnt the type of frog i really want...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Namio

Default Re: purple fantasy frog?

I am suspecting you're talking about a purple Ceratophrys cornuta instead of a fantasy frog (C. cornuta x C. cranwelli). The purple C. cornuta can be found on google image if you type in "Herpetology 3rd edition." How much are they charging for that frog? It's be great if you can include a picture of it.

EricIvins

Quote Originally Posted by Namio View Post
    I am suspecting you're talking about a purple Ceratophrys cornuta instead of a fantasy frog (C. cornuta x C. cranwelli). The purple C. cornuta can be found on google image if you type in "Herpetology 3rd edition." How much are they charging for that frog? It's be great if you can include a picture of it.
    I wouldn't call that purple.......Being a cover the picture has been manipulated to begin with, but the animal looks like a typical Tri-color ( you can see some of the "normal" coloration around the legs and edges ) Cornuta, toned down to provide contrast for the orange animal on top of it........I have seen the majority of Cornuta that have come into the US in recent years, and have never seen an animal remotly close to that......The "rarest" color forms that come in I would say are split between the solid Greens, and the Reds..........

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Yusukes company has some odd colored cornutas. It sucks they sell them all before they can be shipped to the usa.

mafoo

i can almost garentee yusuke didnt have anything to do with this frog, the pet store that has it is a very old fashioned small pet store and this frog is the only other frog other then there green tree frogs. and it doesnt look like the one you have posted really, its more of a dark purple with wayy less green on it. there pricing it at $80 and its labeled as just a fantasy frog. ill try and get some pictures of it next time i grab crickets for fbts so you guys can actualy see it

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Wasnt saying yusuke had anything to do with it. I was saying his company in japan has cornuta morphs that havent made it to the US yet

Namio

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfrogs View Post
    Yusukes company has some odd colored cornutas. It sucks they sell them all before they can be shipped to the usa.
    Hey Mike, just out of curiosity, do you know what kind of odd colored morph do they have bred in Yusukes company?

PaulyMolitor

I saw a purple fantasy and bought it. It turned out to be brown/orange. The purple color happened I think cause it was stressed. Once it settled in to its home it was considerably less purple.

Nationality
    [United States]

Have any photos? I'd love to see it.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

mafoo

havent got any photos yet. for it being stressed its very very possible as hes on coco fibre with moss on top and crickets in with him all the time, possibly biting him in the night as ive heard they do. and for being over 6 months in a pet store with tons of people constantly looking at him and shouting i could see him being stressed.

Thread Information