Thread: Please help to build a new home for my Big-Eyed Tree Frogs

4i4omitko

Arrow Please help to build a new home for my Big-Eyed Tree Frogs

Hello.
    These days i`m going to make a new home for my Big-eyed Tree Frogs(4 of them) and i`m looking for advices how to make my terrarium with that size 50x50x100.
    My question is what plants,moss,grass are required for my frogs? What do you recommend?

Also i`ll be very thankful if you give me an advice what kind of equipment and techniques to put in the terrarium?

Thank you very much.
    Best wishes from Bulgaria

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

xeonic

Default Re: please help to build a new home for my Big-Eyed Tree Frogs

are your measurements in inches or CM? The reason I ask is its harder to heat a large tank and also harder to keep humidity high in a large tank. Correct me if I'm wrong but from whati know, the comfortable temperature range for these frogs is 74-82º F during the day and a slight drop to around 68-72º F at night, and A humidity of 80%. which is also difficult in a large tank.

As for plants I prefer Pothos in my tank as I found they do very well in vivariums.

Check out this website for info on plants that are good for Vivariums.

http://www.pollywogsworldoffrogs.com/Text-html/planting-vivariums.html

M
    oss isn't required for the BETF, just use terrarium substrate which is coconut ground fine. They come in bricks, just add water. I recently found moss in a package you place in your tank that will come back to life if you keep the humidity high. I'm still experimenting with moss in a large tank. Seems to grow at the bottom where humidity is highest.

Anyways let me know if your tank is in inches or CM and ill give you more advice on heating and humidity.

http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-terrarium-enclosure-discussion/2497-10-gallon-vertical-dartfrog-terrarium-construction.html

C
    heck this out, I suspect this would work well for BETF, and could be easily adapter into a rain chamber.

4i4omitko

Thumbs up Re: please help to build a new home for my Big-Eyed Tree Frogs

First of all thank you for you reply.
    Well the measurements are in CM http://terraristic.net/forum/gallery...08_4_45_42.jpg The terrarium was used for chameleon and i bough it from a friend.
    For the humidity i think to install a waterfall(and this is also a big deal for me, because i`m beginner) and to spray inside with watter.
    Thank you again
    Best wishes

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I don't know much about the specific frog, but if you get a tank of that size (which I think you should if you can), you do probably want something more than a handmister. You'll be misting your hands off if you are to keep the humidity up. A waterfall does not a very much to the overall humidity.
    A fogger (Zoomed's ReptiFogger for example) or a misting(rain) system (Exo-Terra's Monsoon or the Mistking for example) would be a great idea, if not a must.

4i4omitko

What kind of wood is not poisonouse for the frogs. I have red somewhere that wood in high humidity area will be a little poison for frogs. So what kind of wood should i choose

4i4omitko

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJr View Post
    I don't know much about the specific frog, but if you get a tank of that size (which I think you should if you can), you do probably want something more than a handmister. You'll be misting your hands off if you are to keep the humidity up. A waterfall does not a very much to the overall humidity.
    A fogger (Zoomed's ReptiFogger for example) or a misting(rain) system (Exo-Terra's Monsoon or the Mistking for example) would be a great idea, if not a must.
    i`m up to buy that. Do you know some online shop for these goods ???

4i4omitko

Домът на моите жаби check out a friend of mine how he did his vivarium for the kind of frogs i have too

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by 4i4omitko View Post
    i`m up to buy that. Do you know some online shop for these goods ???
    Just do a quick search, I'm sure you'll find alot of sellers online. Especially that sells the monsoon and reptifogger
    Best of luck with your frogs!

Nationality
    [United States]

@4i4omitko That is awesome!

Thread Information