Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed asap

Deejay Mayweather

Default Help needed asap

HI, i have just been and checked on my african bullfrogs to do a feed. And one of my african bullfrogs is sat in the water with what looks to be like some sort of insides hangin out his butt.

help needed asap so i can take him to a vet.

ps...will it go back insde his body if i leave him???

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: Help needed asap

oh ya, vet!! That was an impactuon that turned into a proclapse. Make sure it's a super vet.

Deejay Mayweather

Ive put him in a warm bath so he doesnt get all eco earth stuck to it and its like hes tryin to push it back in by backing into the wall.

theres no super vets near me at all, what will the vets actually do?

Leefrogs

I really don't know. Surgery is my guess. There was another post about two months ago, had all his guys out, with Picts, and that person never posted an end result. I wish i could attach thumbnails, my phone sucks, sorry dude. It's his but muscle is tore and can't hold everything in. I say just start calling. Because he will die from infection, good you put him in water. Even if it does go back in, it's going to happen over and over.

Deejay Mayweather

Thanks dude got him booked in for 2 at a exotic vets they said they can sort it out.
    Fingers crossed they can. So even if they after perform surgery and fix the problem you reckon its going to happen over an over again?

thanks

Leefrogs

Nope, u should be good, I would think. It would happen over and over if it wasnt fuxed. Its gotta hurt like hell. I'm going to try and bring up that other post. They wanted to pop the bubble and thaught it was impaction.

Thanks for doing the right thing on this. Makes me feel all cheery!!

phoebe froggy

Gosh hope he is ok,let us know how you get on

Deejay Mayweather

Thanks for everything bro, what do you think is the best way to get him there in a container with a wet towel in side?
    Im devastated i really hope they can sort him out.
    He doesnt seem in pain whic is really confusin hes just sat in the bath as normal spinnig around following me to feed him hes a rite character i cant beleive this has happend to him.

thanks

Deejay Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by phoebe froggy View Post
    Gosh hope he is ok,let us know how you get on

I sure will let everyone know how the procedure goes, I hope its a good outcome..

Leefrogs

ya. I'd like to know. Look at the Picts below, to frog impaction. I think that's the worst I've seen.

Deejay Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    ya. I'd like to know. Look at the Picts below, to frog impaction. I think that's the worst I've seen.
    yep i sure will ,where are them pics i cant find them?

Leefrogs

O I see, you might be in the wrong section. Go to new posts, I braught it up to top. Like 3 rd one down. Like all the guts are out. Biology anyone!!

Eel Noob

From pictures impaction looks painful.

Good luck with your frog.

spencerburgo

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay Mayweather View Post
    HI, i have just been and checked on my african bullfrogs to do a feed. And one of my african bullfrogs is sat in the water with what looks to be like some sort of insides hangin out his butt.

help needed asap so i can take him to a vet.

ps...will it go back insde his body if i leave him???

thanks
    nightmare!! hope he comes out of it all right,

cheers spencer...........,

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

So sorry to hear this and hope all has worked out ok at the vets. We're all sending good thoughts.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

blaze

Omg i am so sorry to hear that

clownonfire

Wishing you and your frog all the best. Keep up posted, please.

Eric

Deejay Mayweather

Hey guys, thanks for all your kind words and thoughts!!!

Anyway my appoinment was at 2 yesterday and i got there for 4 as it was literally on the other side of the country and by the time i had got there the situation had got alot worse he was litterally inside out .
    After i finally got there the vet was so nice to fit me in there an then she give me two options put him to sleep or surgery so i said surgery(obviously), And after two hours the surgery was over and there was no complications atall and everything got stitched into place perfectly the only problem he had not fully come round after the anaesthetic betime the vets was closing so the vet is opening her shop just for me at 12 to pick him up, so fingers crossed one last time there was no complications has i cant find out till 12.

thanks guys everything is much appreciated...cheers

Leefrogs

oh, I hope that everything is good. And wow, you had to cross country, sorry I didn't answer transport question. Your a caring owner, I'm sure you figured that out. I'm currious if it was a rock or somethingthat caused it, or just a torn butt. And if he'll be ready to have food, or if they'll do a liquid diet.. ...

I know it sucks to dish out a bunch of cash, but when opal ate a bunch of moss, I was facing impaction, or vet. If he hadn't pooped it out, I'd be running 4/5 hours to the vet also. He's my talker, my favorite Lil peanut.

Thank you soo much for sharing, and everyone is rooting for a full and speedy recovery.

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay Mayweather View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for all your kind words and thoughts!!!

Anyway my appoinment was at 2 yesterday and i got there for 4 as it was literally on the other side of the country and by the time i had got there the situation had got alot worse he was litterally inside out .
    After i finally got there the vet was so nice to fit me in there an then she give me two options put him to sleep or surgery so i said surgery(obviously), And after two hours the surgery was over and there was no complications atall and everything got stitched into place perfectly the only problem he had not fully come round after the anaesthetic betime the vets was closing so the vet is opening her shop just for me at 12 to pick him up, so fingers crossed one last time there was no complications has i cant find out till 12.

thanks guys everything is much appreciated...cheers
    I think you've done a great thing for your frog. I really commend your level of commitment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information