Thread: Can a Crested Gecko live with a Texas Toad?

kasteelfreak

Default Can a Crested Gecko live with a Texas Toad?

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a Texas Toad and I was wondering what other type of animal would I be able to put in the same enclosure with it. My son really wants a crested gecko, and it looks like it might be able to share a habitat with it. My plan is to buy an Exo-Terra 18x18x24 rainforest kit set up, possibly with a water fall. I was thinking the toad would live on the ground and the crested gecko would live up in the branches. From what I read, it looks like the crested gecko can live in up to 80% humidity which I think is adequate for the toad also.

Would this set up work? If not, is there any other type of animal that could live with the toad, preferably up in the branches? I have a table in my living room that is perfect for the 18x18x24 Exo-terra. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

tryme

Default Re: Can a Crested Gecko live with a Texas Toad?

crested geckos often visit the ground floor. believe me. i dont think this is a good idea.

kasteelfreak

Quote Originally Posted by tryme View Post
    crested geckos often visit the ground floor. believe me. i dont think this is a good idea.
    Any other animals that can co-exist with the toad besides another Texas Toad? Maybe I'll have to ditch that whole idea, but I thought it would so cool to have the rainforest habitat out in the living room as a nice show piece.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

The crested gecko will not live up in the top of the terrarium forever. It will venture to the ground. Housing anything else with a Texas Toad besides another Texas Toad is about all you can do. If you want another critter - just get another enclosure for it.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

What ever you decide to do, just make the health and welfare of the animal comes first. I know there are several animals that live in the same areas, but you must remember those areas are huge, not just a few gallons of space. Toads are one of my favorite creatures and I'm sure in time you'll find that having one or two toads in the same tank will be very rewarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasteelfreak View Post
    Any other animals that can co-exist with the toad besides another Texas Toad? Maybe I'll have to ditch that whole idea, but I thought it would so cool to have the rainforest habitat out in the living room as a nice show piece.

Thread Information