Thread: Tank orientation question

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Tank orientation question

Hi! I know this is a very basic question, but opinions appreciated. With 10-20 gallon tanks (froglets etc), is it better to have them completely horizontal, or better to have them long ways from wall to you kksmaller area to view)....and why?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Tank orientation question

Are you planning on building a rack with multiple tanks? If so I think I know what you mean. Setting up 3 ten gallon tanks on a bakers rack side by side is accomplished best if you have the tanks facing short side out and set on the shelf side by side. Can you be a bit more specific though? It’s easier to provide feedback with some more details.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    Are you planning on building a rack with multiple tanks? If so I think I know what you mean. Setting up 3 ten gallon tanks on a bakers rack side by side is accomplished best if you have the tanks facing short side out and set on the shelf side by side. Can you be a bit more specific though? It’s easier to provide feedback with some more details.
    yes I am currently working with a rack that I plan several tanks to be on. It is a 6ft long rack 2 feet deep. And yes that's exactly what I mean dot-dot-dot short side out versus facing horizontally where you can see more of the tank. Is the only reason for short side out so that way I can fit more tanks? Or is there more logic to it than that? Please let me know. Thank you.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Bingo! Ok good. I’ve used this type of setup in the past as it’s a great way to save space. It ultimately depends on the tank size and the species you are planning on housing though. As far as the frogs go they could care less in terms of placement as long as all your husbandry requirements are otherwise correct. The only sacrifice is less viewing area for you. For anything larger than a 10 gallon though it’s s but impractical as it’s hard to reach the back of the tank for maintenance purposes. Just remember to take that into account when you do your build

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by DanDrobates View Post
    Bingo! Ok good. I’ve used this type of setup in the past as it’s a great way to save space. It ultimately depends on the tank size and the species you are planning on housing though. As far as the frogs go they could care less in terms of placement as long as all your husbandry requirements are otherwise correct. The only sacrifice is less viewing area for you. For anything larger than a 10 gallon though it’s s but impractical as it’s hard to reach the back of the tank for maintenance purposes. Just remember to take that into account when you do your build
    Very much appreciated! Thank u!

Thread Information