Hello,
I purchased 4 days ago these species from a Herp expo. Their are at adult size and, if sexing (basing on throat skin patterns) is an enough criteria, they shuld be 2 males and 1 female for both species.
Basing on the specie's provenience, B. debilis should require a drier environment.
Today I prepared larger terrariums for both (each species in a separate terrarium) and put 2 inches of natural potting soil (no chemical added) and a small plastic dish with water. Once I put the toads in the terrarium, in early afternoon, the three B. quercicus after few minutes started to burrow so now they disappeared under the soil.
For the moment I am not using artificial sources of light/heat as room temperature now is around 24°C (I live in Sicily, South Italy), and light came directly from a window.
I don't know if such reaction of the Oak toads is a signal of too dry environment or is a normal behaviour (though this species should be active during the day).
The three B. debilis, on the other hand, didn't burrow (one of the three simply is hidden under a piece of curved bark).
Any advice will be appreciated!

Mario