Ok so I have a minor problem that i need help with. So im in highschool and i badly want a frog. Idealy a whites tree frog as i hear they are super easy to care for. I already have a 5 year old gargoyle gecko named Astrid and i feed her the powdered diet. So i did a ton of research and then went to my parents telling them about the frog. both said sure and i told them it will need crickets my mother said yea sure go ahead after they talked for a bit. So fast forward a month later I got everyhing i need for the baby frog except the heat source. I have a 12"x 12"x 18" exo terra tank for when its a baby then i have an extra 24"x18"x18" exo terra tank that Astrid was in for a few months when i first for her. that was going to be the frogs semi perminant tank. Anyway i got everything then now my Mom is saying no crickets and i dont know what to do as I have spent over $200 on the frog only for my mom to not say no to the frog but its food source. and i now have this stuff but not sure how to convince her to let me have crickets. If i cant convince her to let me. use crickets i still want a frog and besides having to change some stuff in the tank how would dart frogs to in my horizontal tank?

If you have any advice i wanna hear it as i am clueless and she is staying firm on her no.