Well, after a few disasters with this tank (too much humidity, mold, too little humidity, a waterfall leaking and ruining the substrate, and finally an escapee that was never recovered) I'm trying to figure out the final modifications for these guys.

Just for reference, right now, they (two juvenile RETFs) are in a 55 gallon tall, half hex aquarium.

I have some plants that are dying, I have a full-spectrum light on top but apparently that's not enough, but some that are thriving. Should I take the surviving ones out, keep them as house plants and furnish the tank with fakes? That would obviously be easier to maintain but...I kind of like the look of the real plants, as long as they're not dying. Maybe if I get some springtails that'll help keep them alive?

Also, should I move them into a smaller tank? I keep spiders and fish and know that bigger isn't always better, but I'm not sure how it works for frogs...I was thinking about picking up another couple at repticon but only if I know for sure what I'm doing with this tank. I'm still heartbroken that one got out, but that's another story for a different day that requires tissues and wine.

I feed them each 5 crickets on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I get them from the pet store every day that I feed them so I don't have any of the little buggers escaping and running around my house. Is that enough? Should/can I start putting them in a dish though to make sure they're getting eaten? Should I be feeding them more variety? I tried putting the frogs in completely separate tubs for feeding time but one of them was kind of "meh" when it came to eating them...but they seem to be doing ok, I've had them for almost 3 months so they HAVE to be eating, right?

What's the best way to clean the glass? I've been just using a paper towel wet with water but should I be disinfecting it somehow?

They currently don't have any sticks in there because all of the natural wood I had started to mold. Does anyone have any suggestions on either how to treat the wood or where I can get fake, but natural looking, pieces?

Any info for any of these would be greatly appreciated!!!