So, my previous Terrarium build is now ant free, but at the cost of substrate. I was wondering, since it has a very large dry dock already installed, in this 3 foot long, 2 feet wide, 2 feet tall tank, it has about half a foot either side of the dry dock, which is curved lightly and smack bang in the middle, and can't be removed without damaging the glass. There are 3 adult Green Tree Frogs in there, with a few places for them to hide and a clean 2l ice cream tub full of water. I was wondering, should I set it up like a fish tank? It was originally built for turtles, and houses baby turtles very well. The water would be nearly a foot deep, and the plain dry dock can be covered with ornaments and false plants. I could then use aquarium substrate and plants in there, and still have the original filter for that tank. Should I do this? There is a very high risk of the water attracting snakes due to the area I live in, but when I set it up as a terrarium, ants moved in and my frogs got attacked, one had to go to a wildlife center for treatment and I haven't heard anything since, even though I left my details with them. They are wild caught frogs, but the pond they came from was in a lot that was empty for a very long time, and ever since people moved in all the animals are keeping away from it, even the kangaroo mob, and it is the only pond for a good kilometer. There's a river around 1-2 kilometers away, but I'm not sure the frogs could make that journey and the snakes have already eradicated the frog population in other areas. If I do set it up like a fish tank, there's also another issue: There is freshwater slime mould in our tap water right now, so that water might not be able to cycle properly like a fish tank. I'm not sure what effects it would have on the frogs. If you think I should set it up rather than leave it bare bottom, should I put hiding places underwater, heavily plant it, and cover the dry dock with some kind of fake plant? I have some driftwood that could also be used for them to climb out, all the stuff in their terrarium was fishtank stuff removed mostly because of ramhorn snail eggs. But since then it has been in contact with a cactus mix soil, as has the rest of the tank, it's what I'd used to plant some ferns and set it up before it had to be taken out due to the singapore ants moving in. Will it be safe and how should I do it? I have containers I can keep the frogs in while setting it up. My biggest concern is the crickets I buy for them have a very nasty habit of drowning themselves, which badly fouls the water rapidly and the frogs won't eat them once they're dead. I could feed them in a separate container if that's needed. I have a mini terrarium in a 14 inch long tank that is 7 inches wide, it has mostly peat moss as soil as well as 3 mother in laws tongue miniture bromeliads in it, I'm breeding crickets in there. So many baby crickets.