I completely new to herps and recently got a juvenile (~ 2 inches long) pacman frog. I've been trying to find detailed resources on feeding without any luck. Currently, I am following a feeding scheduled outlined here, which is basically feed 5 small crickets or 2-3 large crickets (gutloaded) every other day and rotate the supplements. Every time I put the crickets in the tank, she eats them right away.

From De Vasjoli's Horned Frog Book, it says to feed juveniles "supplemented three-week-old crickets every one to two days". I have a few questions with this guideline that I hope you can help me with:

1. No quantity of crickets is mentioned. How many crickets should I feed at each feeding?
  2. How big are 3 week old crickets? Can I adjust how many I feed depending on the size of crickets? If yes, how?
  3. How do I decide whether or not to feed it every day or every other day? It seems like there is a big difference between the two.
  4. For supplements: I have both Ca/D and Multivitamin. What frequency should I coat crickets? Should I coat all crickets in one feeding or spread them out for multiple feedings (a certain number of coated cricket at each feeding)?

What has worked for other people? Are there any documented/scientific sources on this type of stuff?

Also, what should the feeding schedule/amount be for adults?

Thank you for your help and patience with all of my questions.