Hi!

I've got four RETF yesterday. They are very stressed yet after a long and uncomfortable journey of a couple of days and none have expressed any interest in food so far. Besides, one eye of the largest frog seems to be sick: it is more bulging compared with the healthy eye when open and has yellow markings around the eye when asleep. It must be uncomfortable as the frog was sort of trying to wipe the eyes with its legs when it woke up at night.

Unfortunately there are no vets who have slightest notion of amphibian care in my area, so I am on my own. I would appreciate any advice in this matter.

I have read the first aid FAQ here and I am planning to soak them in honey solution tonight, and probably to add two drops of metronidazole solution on their backs later - unless you would advise me otherwise. I hope this will also help with their appetite. Please help.

I placed the frogs in a vertical terrarium 35x33x60cm (LWH) or about 14"x13"x24", with a heat pad on the bottom and on the rear wall, plus a 30W light bulb for additional heat during the day. There are a few live plants and I spray a few times each day. I am attaching a photo of the frog with the sick eye when asleep (unfortunately I don't have a photo when it awake, it was too dark), and a general photo of the enclosure they are in.

P.S. the images are somehow getting rejected by the forum so I had to upload them to an external server and post links. I hope I am not violating any rules here.

RETF eye problem

Enclosure