Hi. So, this is my second tree frog. I have had Rico for a little over 3 months and love him more than anything! A few days ago, I noticed he wasnt right...just a feeling, but he was off. He has not been eating or pooping and the other day was bloated up and now I just came home from running out and there was some gross blob next to where he is sleeping hi up in the corner of the tand with cricket parts. It doesnt look like his poop and is too high up from him to be poop so I am assuming he threw up since I wasnt here but he hasnt moved all day and has been sleeping and hasnt moved and it wasnt there when I left. Last night I cleaned the whole tank and put in the coconut fiber dirt (previously had other dirt I think for crabs and had some wood chips in it). The water I put in the other day was tap water (accidentally). I usually always put in filtered water. And there were some larger than normal crickets the last time I feed him. He isn't bloated now...maybe a little and he is acting normal otherwise. Very active when I take him out. Moving around, jumping, etc.

He is just not eating or pooping and he does both like clockwork every night. Oh, and the past two days when I turn off the day lights and switch to his night one he has not been waking up almost immediately like he always does. I waiting like an hour both nights and eventually took him out to see if he was ok and then he starts being normal. I put 3 crickets in the clean tank last night and no eating, no pooping. He did shed his skin the other day as well.

So all this said and all I have read, I am thinking it bacteria from the dirty take, the chlorine or something in the tap water the other day, a blockage from a wood chip (which he had no problems with before) or he's just really full, ate too much and is freaking me out for nothing!

Please help! I love this guy more than anything and dont want anything to happen to him. I am really scared to take him to a vet because thevet I took my last one too I think killed him...or at least contributed to it, so i dont want someone to hurt him.

So...thoughts...how long is too long not to eat or poop? Temps have been fine and humity is normal as always and I mist him all the time.