hello all new to the forum but i have been a frog fan for a bit.
I have a really odd grey tree frog question.My girlfriend really wants to get some poison dart frogs,but i wanted to get her used to a more ..forgiving tree frog first ( i have only had pacmans never tree frogs..love the fat buggers).So i got her a pair of grey tree frogs,being in New England and them being native there a bit more forgiving in there care.So we have two Farnsworth and miss Hoppy,Farnsworth has a normal frogs behavior he watches me when i change there water,doesnt like being moved for cage cleaning but is fairly mellow..Hoppy on the other hand shows two odd habits.When im filling there water or doing anything in there cage theres a 50/50 chance she will climb onto me and chill..not a bad thing but odd.
Its the second behavior that has me confused.I also have a cat and three ferrets,all rescues the cat is timid as hell the ferrets are bared from the room as i don't want there curiosity stressing the frogs,but carpet sharks being the little escape artists they are will at times get into the banned room.
Hoppy ignores the ferrets but if im doing anything with the frog cage and the cat is in there Hoppy will try to escape to attack moochie the cat i would normally video it as watching a grey tree frog chase a cat is funny but i dont want to take the risk of the cat getting sick of it and attacking the frog..has anyone ever seen such odd aggresssion