Hi, Ive been searching this forum for quite some time now trying to get everything ready for my first amphibian, I'm leaning towards a WTF. Happy to finally join the community and I have a few questions..

I had fish for a few years and after a year of an empty tank I decided to give frogs/toads a try. I have this tall aquarium and thought it would be ideal for a tree frog (i'm assuming just one since it is only 15 gallons, your thoughts?).
My first question is related to lighting/heating: The lid has an attached Aqueon Full Spectrum 120V 8W T5 12'' Hg bulb, from my research I'm assuming this is not ideal for tree frogs. Is there a bulb I can replace this one with or should I just remove it and use a heating pad on the wall? Do I still need some direct source of lighting even with a heating pad?
My place stays pretty warm year long, I have two hairless cats that love warm weather and I tend to stay chilly even in the summer months. My house stays in the high 70s in the summer and sometimes sees the low 70s in the winter.

I plan on manually misting the tank with a spray bottle daily. Is there a hydrometer/thermometer combo that you all would recommend? There seems to be a ton of options with varying price rages.

That seems to be all the questions I have for now but if you all think of any other advice I might need, please feel free to share. I'll be sure to post pictures of the new guy when he finally comes home, possibly this coming weekend.

Thanks!