Thread: My cool new Amelanistic Pacman

pyxieBob

Default My cool new Amelanistic Pacman

Just got him today. Thought id share this guy with all of you. He is abt 4.5 inches long and has some really nice markings and good colors
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My cool new Amelanistic Pacman

That's a pretty radical looking albino. I don't think I've ever seen one with colors that vivid and bold at that size.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

pyxieBob

Thanks John. I thought exactly the same thing. I got him for a good price too. He has nice pink/orange netting to his pattern. I also bought that Cranwelli that i posted w a question of it being Ornata or Cran. with the very black markings and reddish marroon color. They are both adult males at almost 5 inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's a pretty radical looking albino. I don't think I've ever seen one with colors that vivid and bold at that size.

Nationality
    [Armenia]

badass coloring, nice pick up !

pyxieBob

thanks Tikonides, Now switch your avitar to M. Bison!! hahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by tikonides View Post
    badass coloring, nice pick up !

Nationality
    [Armenia]

Quote Originally Posted by pyxieBob View Post
    thanks Tikonides, Now switch your avitar to M. Bison!! hahahaha
    Np, no bison here I'm a balrog fan lol

Nationality
    [United States]

That's a beautiful albino. I would almost say it wasn't one because of how colorful he is. That's a great find. I really like the Cranwelli you purchased too.

pyxieBob

Thanks his name is Wario and ya hes a pretty nice colored albino i hope he lives for a very long time, and the dark one is D.K. They have actually been kept in the same tank their entire life! Crazy huh?? I dont think Ill keep them this way. I might sell D.K. but id want a lot for him because hes so large, and shipping a live animal is outrageously expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    That's a beautiful albino. I would almost say it wasn't one because of how colorful he is. That's a great find. I really like the Cranwelli you purchased too.

bshmerlie

Where did you get them from?

pyxieBob

some guy off of craigslist here in spokane, pretty sweet find for sure! this pic posted here is the colorful reg Cranwelli
    Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Where did you get them from?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nationality
    [United States]

some guy off of craigslist here in spokane, pretty sweet find for sure! this pic posted here is the colorful reg Cranwelli

They are both so colorful. That's crazy because I've never seen an albino or regular cranwelli have such beautiful coloration. Grif is changing color and pattern everytime he sheds. His light green marblization is becoming brighter and spredding between his dark brown spots. His face looks kind of like its tribal painted too. He's a regular cranwelli. I saw a phot of a pacman frog named Sumo. Under the pic it said Sumo celebrates 30 years. And the next pic said Sumo the Pacman frog shows no sign of croaking Lol. That's more than twice the listed life span. Everything in the zoo where he lives must be perfect. I wish I could accurately recreate Grif's natural environment.

pyxieBob

remember creating his wild environment may not exactly be best for longevity. When properly kept in captivity they are not exposed to uncontrolable temperature changes, food scarcity and of course parasites. Most wild life spans are no where near as long as a properly kept captive. But i see your point entirely. I often picture myself in marshy fields and rainforrests finding these amazing Ceratophrys species in the wild. How amazing would it be the find IN THE WILD the biggest and most uniquely colored Ornata on record!?? And take pictures and leave her right where she was.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    They are both so colorful. That's crazy because I've never seen an albino or regular cranwelli have such beautiful coloration. Grif is changing color and pattern everytime he sheds. His light green marblization is becoming brighter and spredding between his dark brown spots. His face looks kind of like its tribal painted too. He's a regular cranwelli. I saw a phot of a pacman frog named Sumo. Under the pic it said Sumo celebrates 30 years. And the next pic said Sumo the Pacman frog shows no sign of croaking Lol. That's more than twice the listed life span. Everything in the zoo where he lives must be perfect. I wish I could accurately recreate Grif's natural environment.

Nationality
    [United States]

remember creating his wild environment may not exactly be best for longevity. When properly kept in captivity they are not exposed to uncontrolable temperature changes, food scarcity and of course parasites. Most wild life spans are no where near as long as a properly kept captive. But i see your point entirely. I often picture myself in marshy fields and rainforrests finding these amazing Ceratophrys species in the wild. How amazing would it be the find IN THE WILD the biggest and most uniquely colored Ornata on record!?? And take pictures and leave her right where she was.

I think a find like that should be left right where it is. That would be so exciting. I would like to study them. Knowing how they live in the wild could actually improve the way you care for your pets. Ofcourse keeping the ideal climate to where they eat regularly and stay active as well. I don't know how long it will take me to get Grif fully recovered but I'm going to keep it up until he eats on his own and thrives. Once he's fully recovered I may try to hibernate him since they live longer when you put them through aestivation. Doesn't sound difficult. The only thing is that ill worry about him and check on him to make sure he's ok while he sleeps. Ill have to read up on it more.

BG

Striking colors and pattern,good for you Bobby. Very unique indeed!

Eel Noob

Amazing frogs, definitely not something you see everyday.

MonsterPyxie

VERY cool! Never seen anything like it! I'm impressed!!!

Thread Information