Thread: Can A Juvenile Pacman frog live in a 2.5 gallon tank just fro 2 1/2 months?

superphil92

Default Can A Juvenile Pacman frog live in a 2.5 gallon tank just fro 2 1/2 months?

So My birthday is in 2 1/2 months. I Always wanted a pacman frog but albino. So To my local store they had an albino pac man! But hew was 35 dollars instead of 15, but who cares I have been wanting one and doing research for half the year! Well...I got him...to tempting. I put him in a 2.5 gallon tank until my birthday, can this work? Like live in a 2.5 gallon until I buy a 20 gallon. Because for my birthday im getting a shelf made for reptiles and amphibian tanks. His name is pie face by the way. hehe

2. This member thanks superphil92 for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

demeteraurion

Default Re: Can A Juvenile Pacman frog live in a 2.5 gallon tank just fro 2 1/2 months?

How big is he? If he is real little, like a quarter size it will probably be fine.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Can A Juvenile Pacman frog live in a 2.5 gallon tank just fro 2 1/2 months?

If he is a small frog then yes. They really only need a 10 hallon tank even when they are adults. I've always hear to give them a tempreture gradient which may be hard to do in a small tank. It will be easier to keep warm since its a small tank. Watch his temp and humidity levels and he will probably be fine. I agree with demeter though quarter to half dollar sized wouldn't need a lot of space, but if he/she is any bigger it might not work so well.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I've kept youngsters in 2.5 gallons for a month or two but they were very small. Be sure to keep the substrate clean and be very careful with fluctuations in the temperature and humidity.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

superphil92

Thanks guys! ? He is smaller than a half dollar. And I am putting him in a tuberware container thing because of humidity gets held very well

BG

I walked into a pet store yesturday and there was a 1 inch pacman frog in a quart size glass tank with shagnum moss as substrate. I took a good look at the frog and his back feet were spread out he was tipping over. I called the owner over and told him the frog was dying. It had to be the ac in the store so he took him in the back at a hospital tank with a heater,unreal.

Thread Information