Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding

Default Re: Article: Pacman and Horned Frogs - Ceratophrys - Care and Breeding

Hi there ,great article you wrote there about pacman frogs.
    I am facing a problem now with my female pacman frog, it is about 1 years old and a half. Recently about 1 month ago, my pacman frog starting to loose her appetite to eat. She used to be a big eater, will strikes at any food that is placed infront of her. Her main diet is feeder fish and pinky or fuzzy, but now she will not even attempt to take a bite for it. I am living in Malaysia which is a tropical counter and raining season has starts, does this has anything related to her behavior?
    Also whenever i check on her, she will be either sleeping with both eyes closed or 1 eye closed. Is this a symptoms of brumation? Or she is low in food intake that caused her to be having such low energy?
    Hope that you can understand my english

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I feel like you should make a thread about it. Also, it shouldn't be eating mice or fish often, they cannot digest vertebrae tissue and bones that well

hi all...
    i am newbie for pacman lovers. I have a question. How could we know, if our frog is ready for mating? is by size? or how old the frog ready for mating/ breeding process? and beside by listening if the male is croaking, is there any other sign that we can use to identify male or female pacman frog?
    Thank you for replying and have a nice day...cheers..

Nationality
    [United States]

My friend has had a pacman frog for two years and he suddenly stopped eating. We are taking him to the vet on Wednesday but does anyone have an idea what might be wrong with him?

100+ Post Member Cliygh and Mia 2's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Without seeing a photo of the animal or any other behavior, no. This would be better as a thread so it gets noticed faster

Nationality
    [United States]

Ask how the temps and humidity are in the tank. Improper heat and humidity can alter their metabolism and make them less hungry. It may also be seasonal or lack of supplements. Ask if they're dusting with any supplements and what foods they are feeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information