Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He's Gone.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Unhappy He's Gone.

He's gone. My best froggie friend forever. Malcolm the Pacman Frog.

I don't know what happend. He was doing wonderful yesterday. This morning saw him in his water dish. He looked alive, but his skin had some browner spots than usual and the tips of his "hands" looked somewhat red (they weren't yesterday) so I picked him up to examine him. He didn't move. Completely inresponsive. Malcolm the Pacman Frog is dead . I have been sobbing so hard over the last few minutes (I just found him), that I have nearly hyperventilated. I loved Malcolm so much. He was my favorite. I got him when he was less than quarter size. I raised him until today (or yesterday, I honestly don't know) for 4 1/2 months, but I loved him from day 1.

He will always have a special place in my heart. I still can't believe he is gone. Out of all my friends I have, I have to say that Malcolm was number 2 under my BFF Kurtis. Sad but true. I am going to miss him so much. I don't know if I want to get another Pacman Frog or not. I wasn't thinking about it while Malcolm was alive because Malcolm was all the Pacman Frog I needed, but I think now is definately too early to decide.

I would hate to think it was something I did, but most pet deaths occur from something the owner did/didn't do. I may try to figure out what happend later, but now I am just too sad to think about it. No text on a screen can describe my deep sorrow. I will miss him, and I know some of you on the forum will also miss him too. I just thought that I would let you all know.

MeTree,

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff462/bettafish224/Pacman%20Frog/DSCN3659.jpg
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...cmanFrog22.jpg
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...cmanFrog24.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...cmanFrog29.jpg
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...g/IMG_0011.jpg
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...g/IMG_0014.jpg
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...g/IMG_0037.jpg
    http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...g/IMG_0020.jpg

RIP Malcolm.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

demeteraurion

Default Re: He's Gone.

So very sorry for your loss I'm afraid my own frog is going pass soon and I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle it. He was a great looking frog I hope you will get another pacman again some day. Best wishes

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I'm so so sorry Stanton, your post made me want to cry! What a terrible loss
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Poly

Sorry for your loss! Truely was a beautiful forg, R.I.P!

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Sorry to hear that Stanton. I would suggest giving some thought to how you kept him and what you might improve for next time. Don't take it too hard.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Nationality
    [United States]

I'm. So sorry to hear about Malcolm. He was a very beautiful animal. He lives on in your heart and memories. Don't let this stop you from owning another. the next one won't be the same for like people all animals even within their own species have their own personalities and are unique. Rest in peace Malcolm. Once again I am so very sorry for your loss. Keep his memory strong and he lives on.

Nationality
    [United States]

Thank you all for your sympathy. I am glad to know that Malcolm was loved by so many people.

Thank you all, Frog Forum community!

Baelari

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find out what happened. He was a very good looking frog, and it's so hard to lose beloved pets.

Eel Noob

Sorry about the loss, it was a beauty.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear of your loss of Malcolm Stanton.
    He was such a beautiful Pac.

Chin up mate.

BG

Hey body sorry for your loss i think im loosing one of my pacman soon im trying to revive him wish me luck .

Nationality
    [United States]

Sorry for your loss when i lost my first pac i made sure that i did everything right wit the next ones i had but i cant believe he passed because u raised him good
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

BG

I have good news the reason for the sick behavior was that the air condition in the room got a bit cool at 69 and being so close to the frogs the did not eat and were numb so i took them in a worm 80 degree room and they are feeling much better they even ate so keeping the temp at 80 is very important and also a water supply to cool them off

demeteraurion

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I have good news the reason for the sick behavior was that the air condition in the room got a bit cool at 69 and being so close to the frogs the did not eat and were numb so i took them in a worm 80 degree room and they are feeling much better they even ate so keeping the temp at 80 is very important and also a water supply to cool them off
    I have the warmest room in the house so it's a good thing for my reptiles but a bad thing for me. Unfortunately when Winter comes it will be the coldest room but I think I have enough heat supplies to keep my frog warm. Glad you fixed the problem

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks guys.

I had a funeral today with my family on the new house. We now have some land (forested and pastured). I picked out the most beautiful spot I could think of, and most of my family was in attendance (my mom had to watch my little brother, so they couldn't be there). It was a beautiful funeral, and I am not quite as discouraged as I was earlier.

It kind of bothers me that I am not exactly sure what happend to him, though. I mean, I love Pacman Frogs and I still want to own another, maybe within the next 6 months or so, but I don't know what I did wrong with Malcolm, so I don't know if I will be able to prevent it with the next one. Malcolm's death was such a shock because it didn't make any sense to me. The temp was fine (my room is never too cold for any of my pets, and it is definately the coldest room in my house thanks to A/C), the humidity was fine, I tested the water I used in his dish for chlorine, which it tested negative to, I always use WipeOut on my hands before handling him - which I don't do often, he has been eating Ok, but it has been mainly forced feedings. The only conclusion I can draw is either that he drowned in his shallow water dish that I never even fill up all the way, or that he had some kind of digestive issue that was the reason he wasn't accepting food well.

I guess nobody will ever know.

demeteraurion

Quote Originally Posted by MeTree View Post
    Thanks guys.

I had a funeral today with my family on the new house. We now have some land (forested and pastured). I picked out the most beautiful spot I could think of, and most of my family was in attendance (my mom had to watch my little brother, so they couldn't be there). It was a beautiful funeral, and I am not quite as discouraged as I was earlier.

It kind of bothers me that I am not exactly sure what happend to him, though. I mean, I love Pacman Frogs and I still want to own another, maybe within the next 6 months or so, but I don't know what I did wrong with Malcolm, so I don't know if I will be able to prevent it with the next one. Malcolm's death was such a shock because it didn't make any sense to me. The temp was fine (my room is never too cold for any of my pets, and it is definately the coldest room in my house thanks to A/C), the humidity was fine, I tested the water I used in his dish for chlorine, which it tested negative to, I always use WipeOut on my hands before handling him - which I don't do often, he has been eating Ok, but it has been mainly forced feedings. The only conclusion I can draw is either that he drowned in his shallow water dish that I never even fill up all the way, or that he had some kind of digestive issue that was the reason he wasn't accepting food well.

I guess nobody will ever know.
    You mentioned his feet were reddish, it could have been bacterial.

Nationality
    [United States]

I thought about that, but I examined him fully the day before when I changed his water and he showed no signs of red on his legs or feet. Besides that, I change the water freuqently and blast all the debris out of the water dish. I think the bacterial stuff happened after he was gone. He also had a loose brown-ish-in-parts skin, so I have the idea he passed at least an hour but probably more when I saw him.

Good observation, though! Red-leg is a bad frog-killer.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I do have to say that although Malcolm is gone...... he did inspire this: http://www.frogforum.net/care-sheet-...ubmission.html
    Which will help so many others in being on the right track to caring for tier Pacman. Thanks for this Stanton.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by DonLisk View Post
    I do have to say that although Malcolm is gone...... he did inspire this: http://www.frogforum.net/care-sheet-...ubmission.html
    Which will help so many others in being on the right track to caring for tier Pacman. Thanks for this Stanton.
    I am so happy I can help! I will tell you right now, I will never regret owning a Pacman Frog for one minute, even after Malcolm's unfortunately young end. As I reflect back over the past few months, I see all the new things that I have to thank Malcolm for. My sister's Leopard Gecko she got after she saw that keeping animals that don't require 100% humidity (fish LOL) isn't impossible, I have several bug cultures, it got me back on Frog Forum, I wrote this article which I am very excited about (I always love helping people with their Pacman Frogs!), and I have a 30g Poison Dart Frog tank that I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise, along with many memories and hundreds of pictures.

I am so glad that I got Malcolm. I wouldn't be here (on Frog Forum) without him. Thanks guys for all your support!

-Stanton

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Stanton i am sorry you lost Malcom, Honestly i dont know what you could have done wrong. I think the best quote for this is "The brightest Stars shine half as long" Malcom has obviously inspired you and in return you gave him all the care a little Pac could want - i think you gained a lot from one another. You on your part may have done nothing wrong, it may have just been his time to go. Sometimes it's best not to speculate, it will only make losing him harder for you.

RIP Malcom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information