Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

I love Tree Frogs 20

This is an amazing article dose Any one know of any Breeders near Indianapolis Indian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Article: Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

Quote Originally Posted by I love Tree Frogs 20 View Post
    This is an amazing article dose Any one know of any Breeders near Indianapolis Indian
    Most people do not breed Grey Tree Frogs because you are not allowed to sell them in most states, including Indiana - DNR: Indiana's Reptile & Amphibian Regulations

You can hunt for them yourself and collect them with a fishing license. You can collect 2 at a time with a limit of 4 in your possession. If you want to wild collect some, I would recommend getting tadpoles or small, newly morphed grey tree frogs. That way they will adapt better to a captive environment than a mature one. Otherwise you can also look on craigslist, that's how I got three of mine.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Default Re: Article: Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

I think this is the type of tree frog that I've been just casually raising on my porch in a fish tank past two summers! I live in central VA. lots of vocal frogs live near me. I just dumped the eggs I found in a bucket into a tank with a few items in it..a little sun on tank let the algae grow for the, to eat....then I fed frog pellets and spinach. They all live every year! At least 50 each time. They just climb up the tank walls when they become froglets....turn green in one day...and then they are gone into the world! One likes to,live in an old flower pot with a tube sticking out...I think it's an adult I raised last year. He hangs on the top of the tube and scoots down if startled, but he became accustomed to my elderly mother talking to him frequently. I have a few tadpoles and froglets left now in november....it will freeze soon. I am excited to convert the tank to an indoor home to have some indoor pets. They are so hardy! My mother will enjoy them very much. My main concern is finding tiny food for the froglets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information