Thread: Rupert and his Tank

demeteraurion

Thumbs up Rupert and his Tank

Since I finally got the temp perfect I though I'd take some photos of Rupert and his aquarium.

Name:  tank1.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  tank2.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  tank3.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  137.9 KB

Name:  rupert1.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  120.3 KB

Name:  rupert2.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  86.7 KB

He's still not eating from what I can tell. And I still find him laying on his back occasionally. He did poo today.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Capojames

Default Re: Rupert and his Tank

I see this alot. Did u soak him? If u didn't I would for about a hour. Depending on his size one to two inches of water. Did u get him as a baby

demeteraurion

I just rinsed the dirt off him. What should I soak him for? He hasn't grown much since I got him.

Edit: I am soaking him now as you suggested. His back left leg is looking worse every day :/ He doesn't keep it tucked under like a normal frog. I'm running out of options for him.
    Last edited by demeteraurion; July 22nd, 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Guenhwyvar

Maybe he hurt that leg or a cricket bit him there? You should feel it for abnormalities and growths, maybe shine a bright light on it to see any wounds or bumps, like swelling and such....sorry he isn't doing very well.

demeteraurion

I haven't used crickets in like 2 weeks so I don't think its that, unless dubia roaches can bite like crickets D: I'm soaking him again tonight, I think he might be shedding as he keeps rubbing his eyes and stuff with his feet.

demeteraurion

I have good news! Rupert finally ate, or at least I saw him eat! I decided to pick up some crickets since he seemed to like those. I threw a few in his tank but he didn't eat any. Then tonight I gave him a soak and as soon as I put him back in his tank he had a cricket in his mouth! His legs still look weird but he seems to be improving. I dust the crickets/dubias I feed him but the dust seems to come off before he eats them T_T

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I'm so happy that Rupert finally ate. Grif still hasn't eaten. I gave him his vitamin and that all he's been getting. I wish I knew what was making him this way. Atleast I'm giving him nutrients. I can't wait for him to recover and be back to his old self.

demeteraurion

Does he have a favorite food? The petstore gave him crickets only (i think) so I guess he's used to them. And he prefers hunting them in his own tank. He refuses to eat when hes in a different box or someone is near.

Nationality
    [United States]

Grif never cares if you watch him eat. He doesn't like to be watched when he's in his water bowl or pooping. He won't try to eat anything else except crickets and now he doesn't even try to eat them. Something has made him sick. I just wish I knew what. He looked better last night until I put him in warm water and he pee'd and then he looked so skinny again. It makes me so sad to see him like this. He takes his vitamin though and doesn't try to fight me much. I tried to force feed him a pinky but he just kept spitting it back out. His color is returning to his normal dark shade. He was really pale like he had been bleached. He seemed to have extra energy until he lost his water. I'm so sad.

Nationality
    [Ireland]

You guys need to try night crawlers with these guys. Rupert's terrarium is so big I doubt he'll know what to do with himself .
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

demeteraurion

I have nightcrawlers but my frog doesn't even care for them, It's weird because most owners say their frogs can't resist nightcrawlers :/
    I think I solved his not burrowing mystery, the coco soil was sopping wet! I don't know how it got like that since it was rather dry the day I made the eco earth and I don't pour a lot of water in there. But I squeezed out a LOT of water and now its much better Hopefully he burrows in soon, my next thing to add is a half log hide.

Nationality
    [United States]

Like Rupert, Grif won't even touch night crawlers. I've tried he just sits there. I know you're supposed to vary their diet but I couldn't get Grif to eat anything but crickets. Maybe that has something to do with him being sick. Maybe there was something he wasn't getting. I'm trying to nurse him back to health. He burrows all the time. He shed last night. I thought I saw some red spots on his skin on his back but can't be certain. Just incase I put alil neosporin on the spots. When I touched them he shook and reached up with his foot to move my finger. So maybe he scratched himself shedding. That is weird that your soil was so wet Demeteraurion. That could be why he doesn't burrow.

jjas12475

i had my new pacman frog for 3 days and he did not eat yet is that normal i just leave the crickets in ther for him please help i am a newbbie!

Thread Information