Thread: Pacific Chorus Frog HELP!

Guenhwyvar

Default Pacific Chorus Frog HELP!

I have 2 PCFs about a week old. One is growing rapidly and nice and fat. My second one is super skinny all of a sudden and throws up his crickets after eating them an hour before. The seem half digested and he seems very weak and way to skinny. The crickets are tiny and should be more than small enough for him to eat. i'll upload pictures if anyone wants a visual reference. #1 is almost twice the size of #2 now.
    Thanks for any and all help on this. I only have 2 and would hate for my one little guy to be alone. I used to have three. These guys are supposed to be social, so I don't know what I'll do if I loose one now.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pacific Chorus Frog HELP!

They're not social. Not sure where you got that from I'm afraid. It sounds to me like the skinny one has succumbed to some external stress and now has a stress-related illness. The fact that it tries to eat is a good sign but if it can't keep the food down then you really need to get it seen by an amphibian-savvy vet I'm afraid. They might try dosing the frog with flagyl to purge its gut of any parasites (which won't help) and it will also stimulate its appetite. If the vet thinks the frog is far gone then he/she may try dosing it with antibiotics.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Guenhwyvar

I got it from the care sheet that's been posted for them...My frogs are always next to each other, so I'm inclined to believe it. They seem very happy with each other, just one is sick and I'm asking for help on him. There are no vets that will take amphibians around here anymore, a lot of our vets closed recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

TheMaskedMan

Ive raised and kept PCF for years.....in a tank they tend to huddle up all over each other in the daytime, then they will separate when they are hunting at night......when ive released them they are solitary and and have only seen them alone in my backyard when I spot them... around Jan-June they congregate at my little pool of water in the yard at night and dont like any company...they fight alot for their space.....

Thread Information