Thread: 10 gallon vertical stocking ideas!!

froglover27

Talking 10 gallon vertical stocking ideas!!

Hi! I was just wondering what you could stock a 10 gallo vertical tank with.Just wondering haha Thanks(:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: 10 gallon vertical stocking ideas!!

You have a few options, but try to go with a smaller species of tree frog, or a dart that likes to climb, which would land you in the thumbnail area. Not too sure thumbnails are good for beginner frog owners though, they're VERY small and quirky and will look for any escape (I've heard).

I actually have a ten gallon long that I was planning on turning into a vert to house a pair of Dendropsophus leucophyllatus, or Clown Tree Frog. Here's a link to the meet-the-frog article with some pictures. They're great looking frogs, but very fast and I've heard they're quite reclusive, so it really depends on your tastes.

Frog Forum - Meet the Frog: Clown Tree Frog - Dendropsophus leucophyllatus

But whatever you decide, just make sure you batten down the hatches tight and be sure you provide the proper temps and humidity for them. Darts require higher humidity, so I don't think keeping them outside would be the best idea...but I've never owned them, so I'm definitely not an expert.

Hope this has helped.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

froglover27

Talking Re: 10 gallon vertical stocking ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisa View Post
    You have a few options, but try to go with a smaller species of tree frog, or a dart that likes to climb, which would land you in the thumbnail area. Not too sure thumbnails are good for beginner frog owners though, they're VERY small and quirky and will look for any escape (I've heard).

I actually have a ten gallon long that I was planning on turning into a vert to house a pair of Dendropsophus leucophyllatus, or Clown Tree Frog. Here's a link to the meet-the-frog article with some pictures. They're great looking frogs, but very fast and I've heard they're quite reclusive, so it really depends on your tastes.

Frog Forum - Meet the Frog: Clown Tree Frog - Dendropsophus leucophyllatus

But whatever you decide, just make sure you batten down the hatches tight and be sure you provide the proper temps and humidity for them. Darts require higher humidity, so I don't think keeping them outside would be the best idea...but I've never owned them, so I'm definitely not an expert.

Hope this has helped.

I was thinking about clowns!! I LOVE them! It's just that I was told on my other forum that clowns need a larger tank And yes! I know I will keep this one safe from harm( and escape) THANKS(:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by froglover27 View Post
    I was thinking about clowns!! I LOVE them! It's just that I was told on my other forum that clowns need a larger tank And yes! I know I will keep this one safe from harm( and escape) THANKS(:
    I think it depends a little on how you design your tank as clowns are pretty small frogs. I was planning on keeping a pair in a ten gallon vert but those plans have changed just a bit since I first started in the hobby. If you want to be extra safe I would go with a 15 or 20 gallon for two, but a 10 gallon should be ok if you're only keeping one.

I have my two adult Tiger Legs in an 11 gallon vert and they're doing just fine, they could be fattened up a little bit, but other then that they're thriving. The make calls almost every night and the female hunts like a lioness. XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

froglover27

Talking Re: 10 gallon vertical stocking ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisa View Post
    I think it depends a little on how you design your tank as clowns are pretty small frogs. I was planning on keeping a pair in a ten gallon vert but those plans have changed just a bit since I first started in the hobby. If you want to be extra safe I would go with a 15 or 20 gallon for two, but a 10 gallon should be ok if you're only keeping one.

I have my two adult Tiger Legs in an 11 gallon vert and they're doing just fine, they could be fattened up a little bit, but other then that they're thriving. The make calls almost every night and the female hunts like a lioness. XD

Would one be okay?

Jvm

I've kept tiger legs in small tanks to, but for clowns I would go for a bigger tank. They are just to active to be kept in a small tank, that's my opinion.

I am a huge fan of reedfrogs for small tanks. They are small, pretty and easy to keep.

Thread Information