Thread: Moving!

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Moving!

So the hubby and I made an offer on our first house, AND JUST GOT THE NEWS THAT IT WAS ACCEPTED

I look around...and go "****!"
    a 72 gallon tank with 10 frogs / 2 Goldfish and 2 clown plecs, a 10 gallon with ACF tadpoles, another 10 gallon with the newly morphing ACFs separated from their still tadpole siblings, the axolotls in their 10 gallon summer tank infront of the A/C, the axolotls awaiting 30 gallon, a 10 gallon with an ACF with a spinal deformity named Igor who can't live with the big colony due to his specialness, a 10 gallon with the 2 Borealis ACF...

When we moved into this apartment I only had the 30 gallon with 3 ACF to move and a 10 gallon I treated as a spare.

I am NOT looking forward to moving my amphibians!

Probably going to invest in some plastic tubs to shift the frogs esp...they can only travel in the bare minimum of water to prevent them from drowning if the water shifts while they are breathing.

Anyone feel like coming to Rhode Island and helping me move?!?!?!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Moving!

Yikes!! Congrats on the house! But good luck on the move LOL
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [Ireland]

I hate moving when it comes to the amphibians. Good luck!
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Nationality
    [United States]

here is a picture of the new house!

mommyof4froglovers

Thats a pretty house. Congradulations. I hope it goes well for you. In Febuary we are looking at moving cross country with our frog, hermit crabs, fish and cat. I am still trying to figure that one out. But you seem to have good ideas.

Joene Latiolais

House looks great, plenty of room for more tanks, right? I did find something out when moving my frogs from the high school tank (during school I take them for a long visit and bring them home for Christmas holidays, then back to school until it finishes) I bought a small flat plastic tote with a snap down lid to transport them one place to another. I put in about an inch of water, and snap the lid on once they're all inside (while keeping a good eye on them so no escapes happen) transport to where ever they are going, gently place them in new tank (making sure temp and everything is same) if not I add some tank water to tote to equalize temp (use the same water/water conditioners for home and school tank) then release and watch them go! I think they like being at the school, there is always someone willing to drop in something good to eat! one quick question - my local pet store just got in several albino "clawed frogs", I took a look at them but being as they are only about 3/4 inch long, couldn't tell if they were clawed yet or not, but they do look like it. Do the dwarf aquatic frogs have albino coloration? or just clawed frogs? Thanks and CONGRATS on your house!

Nationality
    [United States]

yup! one room is being dedicated as my tank room for now

As for the albino dwarf/clawed - - always check hands to be sure. there is a strain of albino dwarfs popping up. Still not as common as clawed but better safe than sorry.

Check the front hands - webbed? dwarf. not webbed? clawed.

9. This member thanks Jenste for this post:

Froog

Smile Re: Moving!

Congrats on the house! I wouldn't worry to much about them. I would just stop every hour or so to check on them! Good luck!

Nationality
    [United States]

I already arranged for my mom to "babysit" my aquatic pets - - I will set up plastic storage bins to house them over night at her house so we can drain and move the tanks with out risking them hopping all over the place!

going to do the mortgage application tomorrow...did the inspection yesterday! Passed with flying colors!

Nationality
    [United States]

We are closing on the house tomorrow (Friday August 19, 2011) at 11 am! I am so excited! Will probably do most of the big moving a week from Saturday - I will spend my afternoons of this up coming week cleaning and packing...

Will have to remind my mother about her agreement to babysit. Picked up four 30 gallon tubs to house my critters at her place for a few days during the move
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

BG

I smell a frog roooooom .wow good for you caongrats on your new home and many many more enjoy it in the fullest way .I see some lucky pets in there somewhere lol and good luck on the moving part its you have to do your self its not like a tv or table I wouldn't trust the moving guys with my animals lol un less if its you guys

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Wow, congrats on the new house.
    Always nice to have a place that is yours.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I smell a frog roooooom .wow good for you caongrats on your new home and many many more enjoy it in the fullest way .I see some lucky pets in there somewhere lol and good luck on the moving part its you have to do your self its not like a tv or table I wouldn't trust the moving guys with my animals lol un less if its you guys
    We are moving everything ourselves (do not have much - moving from a one bedroom apartment to a house is going to make us feel a bit stretched as far as arranging furniture - but hey! that is what shopping and tanks are for!)

The frogs/fish/axolotl will be moved to my mothers in 30 gallon storage tubs a day before the move so that the draining and moving of the tanks can be done with out rush. Tanks are going to be the last thing moved so the aquatic critters are going to spend a few days at my mothers before being moved over so that everything can be properly arranged. She lives only 2 streets over from our new house and over all we are only moving 3 miles away so it is not going to be a hard move.

Just time consuming - catching 13 adult frogs, 2 goldfish, 2 plecos, 1 axololt and nearly 2 dozen ACF offspring. I have a feeling there will be a great deal of cursing going on!

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

BG

I wish i had your problems. LOL

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I wish i had your problems. LOL
    lol.

Nationality
    [United States]

Well! it is day one of moving for the wet pets minus the axolotl. Frogs and fish are being packed up for their journey to my mom's where they will spend the night while we move the tanks tomorrow.

Catching 13 adult ACF, about 15 or so froglets, 2 large goldfish and 2 clown plecos. None of which will be happy about being netted - - Most of which (minus the babies and a couple adult acf) are housed in my 72 gallon - - I better put a rain coat on!

Thread Information