Thread: ANY suggestions?? Re: frogs trying to escape!

LIZZIE82

Default ANY suggestions?? Re: frogs trying to escape!

I'm at my wits end. I have not been able to change the water or feed them for a week now. One got out last week, and ever since then, the other two have turned into butt-heads. I swear, I open the screen slightly and BAM, they are flying at the opening with dead-on accuracy. I haven't changed the water in a few days b/c they will be gone if I open enough to get my hand in there. I have been pouring water in the bowl from the screen so they have a water source. It's just a nightmare. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just have a 20 tall tank, with a screen and a hood with a light that I keep on partially. The temps and humidity are consistant and well within range. They have lots of hiding place with three plants. They should feel secure since I have 2 sides covered with a leaf background. I've had them for awhile and don't seem stressed or like they want out unless that lid opens! Grrrr! They are really frustrating me. I'm scared one will get out and I won't be able to catch them and they will die. Please, any suggestions will be welcome.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Frog Mom

Default Re: ANY suggestions?? Re: frogs trying to escape!

I wish I had a suggestion, but I'm totally new to this game and that is my worst nightmare. My froggies like to hang out on top by the screen sometimes and I'm afraid to even lift up the lid to feed them sometimes. I'll be watching this thread to see what advice you get just for future reference.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

My frogs just started doing that this week too. I have kept the lights turned off since yesterday afternoon and that has seemed to help a bit. What are your weather patterns like? Here we seem to be ranging anywhere between 99 and super humid, to upper 30's and 40's at night and DRY. I think that might be irritating my little ones. The other day I found one sitting on top of it's cage!! I have no clue how she got out at all!
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Grrrit

I'm not sure. Quick like lightning changes. My frogs never really (knock on wood) have tried. The last milk frog I got was on the floor once when I left the door open while turned around. But that was right after I got him. Another milk would sit on the top of the door but never jump off.

Thread Information