Hey all.

As some of you know I recently acquired a cheap 131 gallon wooden vivarium that was probably used in the past for some kind of desert-dwelling animal, but in the future will be used to house my three White's Tree Frogs, and maybe a few extras down the line.

I have started the background build on this viv, but this is a picture from when I first acquired it.

As you can see it was in need of some...remodeling. My dad signed on to help me with the build and sealed the inside by adding some plastic material to keep the wood from rotting. He also got a hold of some nice pieces of plexi glass for a new front panel and lid. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the in between stages, but I do have some of when I started building the background out of GS.

Now GS is tricky, you gotta make sure that whatever you're spraying onto it flat on the ground, tried spraying it onto the tank walls while the tank was sitting vertical and lost one whole side and about 3/4 of a can of the foam. It was basically a waste, but at least I got to try out the stuff before it was final.

My dad helped me get the huge 60" tank on it's side and I came up with this.

Now I did underestimate how much this stuff expands. XD; The pot got a little squished and I had to cut out some of the foam to free it so it was no longer oblong and would once again fit the plant I picked out for it.

I waited a few days for the foam to dry, did a second side, then rinsed and repeated. Here is the tank now.

I still have a long way to go, and I've gone through four cans of GS already (counting the one I wasted), but hopefully it will only take one or two more cans to finish the job and I can start siliconing and covering the sides with dirt and stuff.

I am completely open to opinions and suggestions, and remember it's not done, I know I have a long way to go. Just remember it's my first time. ^ ^

Thanks everyone. I'll be posting the progress as I go along.