Thread: Green Tree Frog (First Vivarium )

brackishx

Default Green Tree Frog (First Vivarium )

Hey there.
    I hope all of you can be patient with me, I am new.
    I just go my first green tree frog and I am in the process of adding to his vivarium
    Currently I have a fake plant in it, but I would love to have a combination of the two.
    Could anybody tell me a type of plant that would be good for a green tree frog? And perhaps some tips and tricks? Thank you
    Thank you! I really appreciate it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Green Tree Frog (First Vivarium )

Hey there! Welcome to the forums! Could you post some pictures of your vivarium? That would really help us determine what your vivariums needs or could use. As for your green tree frog you want climbing places. More vertical that horizontal. Bamboo is one i know of off hand. There are many others here that im sure will help you far more than i can. Post some pictures though! =)

brackishx

Here it is. Please constructive criticism!

Before anybody says anything, I know I should have a vertical tank! I plan on getting one once he gets bigger. He's pretty small right now! ( He is hiding in the leaves)

Two, do you think it would be a good idea to cover the side and the back with black background or a jungle theme background? I hear that this makes them less stressed out.

I am very aware that the tank is very boring and quite empty! Suggestions are needed thanks!

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey there! Great response time. Ill put my best input out there for you. I am in no way shape or form an expert and fairly new to frogs myself. Although, i have spent months researching =)

Alright well you have the idea! You have a water bowl which is essential in all frog aquariums (just make sure to mist daily and keep that humidity up). And i see he has a little bit of climbing space which is great! I think he/she needs a lot more though. You have a ton of space. Use it all and make that froggy happy! hahhaa. Look into getting some ghost wood. I have read remarkable things about it and i its fairly cheap (12'-16's for like $15us). I would be careful about the light as well making sure not to cook our froggy =).

As for background sheet/image. That would definitely be a good idea to reduce stress on he/she. (Just tape it to the outside)

As for a goal. Remember where your frog has come from and make him feel as comfortable as you can! Your vivarium should resemble something like this image.

Please ask as many questions as you like! And come show us more pictures of what you have done. We'll get that vivarium whipped up into shape in no time =)

Good luck!!!

6. This member thanks nos187 for this post:

brackishx

Hey Thanks! I will be hitting up the pet store within the next few days so I will definitely pick up some more stuff and post pictures.
    Thanks!

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by nos187 View Post

As for a goal. Remember where your frog has come from and make him feel as comfortable as you can! Your vivarium should resemble something like this image.

Kevin is exactly right. We should all consider the environment are frogs came from when we are designing our tanks. The closer you can get to that picture the happier your frog will be. A happier frog is a less stressed frog is a healthier frog. Check out the discussion we are having right now in the following thread.
    Http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-te...look-like.html

Pothos is a great tree frog plant. Some people also mention other plants in the thread I just gave you the link to.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey any updates on your vivarium??? Im excited to see the progress =)

Thread Information