Thread: Can't decide.........

crilund

Default Can't decide.........

Hello forum,

I am a new member and new to the frog world. Ive been researching for a while and i think i have it to down to start with a frog as a pet. I have two Bearded dragons although their enclosure set up is a bit different the feeding is about the same so i think ill be fine. Now on to the real question. like I said Ive been researching and i have narrowed it down to c.cranwelli (albino) or a fantasy frog. I want the Albino because of the fantastic color, I'm attracted bright colors, but the fantasy frog is a hybrid and there's something about that, that makes them sound rare. If i could find a really nice colored fantasy i would go for that one. What do guys think, any input would be really appreciated. all in all i would like a really nice colored frog that would potentially be able to achieve the size of the legendary c.cornuta and c.cranwelli. thanks guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

frogmike

Default Re: Can't decide.........

You generally wont see to many really big albinos. though i have seen one at a show, but it wasn't for sell. i don't know how big fantasies can get, but if there anything like other hybrids, they should dwarf their parents. I've never heard somebody say that though. You are right about the major diffs about beardies and pacman frogs environment. they're opposites. Pacman frogs will end up taking more time and money than you would expect if you do it right. You can't just go buy a kit and be done with it. though i should totally start doing that. no one read this, its my idea and i know what shall be done!

crilund

^ Thanks for your input, im leaning more toward an albino. I dont even know where to start looking for one but there is a reptile expo coming around maybe ill just wait till then.

crilund

cmon guys any more input, really want to know what you guys think.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I don't own either, but I think in your position i would choose the Albino over the Fantasy Frog a) The Prices of Fantasy Frogs in the UK can be utterly mad b) I think the Albino c.cranwelliis a stunning forg and doesn't seem to loose it's colour as it ages the way that greener frogs do. Also it's smaller size i personally are a fan of little frogs so the idea of a 'little' big frogs appeal to me.

Sorry i couldn't give you an informed reply - just my humble opinion

crilund

thanks everyone for your opinions can you guys post pictures of both albino pacs and fantasies please? thanks.

Nationality
    [United States]

I've never raised albinos or fantasies, but I've heard that fantasies are not as agressive as cranwellis when eating. Also, I've heard that if you get albinos you have to take special care as to what heating method you use because heat lights can really damage their eyes or skin.

Malachi

What about an Ornata? They nearly have the feeding response of a pixie frog. They get pretty large and have bright reds and greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    What about an Ornata? They nearly have the feeding response of a pixie frog. They get pretty large and have bright reds and greens.
    I'm with Malachi on this one, Ornata all the way. Bigger, more colorful, and more aggressive than Cranwellis.

crilund

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Haven t really looked at Ornatas' but im pretty show the care must be the same. I would really like a bright frog like a bright yellow or really green almost neon. Ill see what they have at the show next month. I hear that so-cal shows have a huge variety of frog vendors hopefully i find what im looking for.

pyxieBob

Im getting a Samuri Blue Pacman, Google those! although they are spendy. They dont stay true blue but they turn a nice sea foam-ish green w out a stitch of brown! If you like bright green check out my photo album page he is a Fantasy, pretty good eater, but amazing color and nice horns, so you might want to look into one of those. and as for the thing abt albinos needing different heat because of their skin and eyes thats not true. I have lots of experience w them. But the Ornata is prob the prettiest and biggest and best eater.
    Quote Originally Posted by crilund View Post
    Haven t really looked at Ornatas' but im pretty show the care must be the same. I would really like a bright frog like a bright yellow or really green almost neon. Ill see what they have at the show next month. I hear that so-cal shows have a huge variety of frog vendors hopefully i find what im looking for.

crilund

thanks everyone for your input, can you guys post pictures id grown ornatas and albino pacmans to see how they keep their color, even fanasies, please so i can better decide.

pyxieBob

I have a post of my Fantasy called Pics of my Pac. Also they are on my profile page under albums

Thread Information