Thread: Dwarf being sold as Giant..

pyxieBob

Default Dwarf being sold as Giant..

Ok, this is getting really bad. Its one thing that Giant pyxies are hard to come by. But its a nother thing when an obvious dwarf is being pawned off as a giant. Its entirely NOT FAIR! Look at this pic and you tell me! This frog is at a local pet store and labled " Juvinile Giant Pyxie Frog $120.00" (120??????) so I very nicley asked the owner "can you guys order Giant Pyixies? Or can you just get dwarfs? " and he snapply said "uhh that is a Giant I dont deal with Dwarfs. I know my frogs and the guy who breeds these, iv seen the parents..." so I said "oh i have raised several Pyxies and he dosnt really look Adspersus to me but thanks for your help" and he said "AD-what?? noo hes a PYXIE frog they get huge dude, hes also called an african bullfrog. So I just smiled and said "cool can i snap a photo of him? " heres the photo. My whole point to this rant is its ok to own this frog and be happy w him and think hes a young giant. BUT when you are trying to sell it to people who may not understand what he is and that he wont look anyhting like those huge green African Bullfrog pictures and for 120 bucks! thats FRAUD and bad business. Im sure you fellow pyxie fans will aggree
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BG

Default Re: Dwarf being sold as Giant..

Just last week i put an order of 3 giant pixie babies from kingsnake and i cancelled that order because my local pet store said they can get me some "giant pixies" .So i said fine il come and get them . When i got to the store guess what i saw? yup frogs just like the one in your pic.so i told them this is a tanzania bull frog and not the giant south african bullfrog that i want. they were clueless so i made a phone call and to make things short im getting my real deal tommarow and il let you guys know whats up.

BG

BTW thanks to this forum i got to learn the diffrence between the too frogs again thanks guys for your expertise.

pyxieBob

I'm getting 2 baby ACTUAL giant pyxies in the mail this week also

pyxieBob

Be very carful not over feed your Pyxie froglets. They will bloat easily and die of you do that FYI

BG

Im not big on fatty foods i give all my animals dubia roaches and night crawlers and some fish and maby some butterworms and silk worms and theyre doing fine for now growing big and for the pixies im going with the same menu , My turtles are doing great cause i feed then=m like they would be in the wild and they are great.

pyxieBob

where did you order your baby Pyxies from?

BG

I got them as a matter of fact this morning in great shape ate wigglers right away out of the box they came in ,i found them on kingsnake from a store in florida the house of reptiles the guys were great from start to finish.Asher and Ron the owner were very nice and helpful and now what they're doing.il take some pics of my animals soon.

pyxieBob

sweet, I checked those guys out and they definitely look like actual adspersus. Cant wait to see the pics. I should be getting 2 in the mail this week from Exotic Pets in vegas

BG

Nice i was goin to go that way but i got the ones i have now.The main thing is im happy .I like to know your experince with exotic pets of lasvegas cause i'm about to call them today and ask them about a T they have for sale.good luck on your buy.

malepyxiefrog

There are many problems with stores saying that they have a giant. That is why people are getting ripped off. It is also hard to get a full grown or bigger than 3 inch pyxie frog because the stores don't like to spend that much money or people like to keep their bigger ones. My first one was a giant which I got from ed clark but it wasn't a male and he said it was. I got my first male which was 6 months old and 4 inches long. It was from Jeff K and he was really honest. The frog was real healthy too. Personally I like to buy frogs from people offline because they really know what their talking about and they have had more experience than store owners did.

Malachi

I got 3 babies last sept from a user on here who has become more of a vendor, they arrived perfect, and have all grown into beasts. They now have a website: jelasphatphibs.com , if you buy from them you will get giants.

BG

There are alot of good venders out there if you look around and there are bad venders the hobbist should avoid when buying anything not just frogs.thats a cool site.

pyxieBob

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Nice i was goin to go that way but i got the ones i have now.The main thing is im happy .I like to know your experince with exotic pets of lasvegas cause i'm about to call them today and ask them about a T they have for sale.good luck on your buy.
    I recomend Exotic Pets for sure. Even though they dont have a warrenty on amphibians, I bought a giant pyxie baby, and it died 40 hours later. I called him and he made right. I am getting 2 new babies friday. He also said if they arent Adspersus then send em right back.

pyxieBob

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I got 3 babies last sept from a user on here who has become more of a vendor, they arrived perfect, and have all grown into beasts. They now have a website: jelasphatphibs.com , if you buy from them you will get giants.
    i cant find any animals for sale on jelasphatphibs..... I click on "store" and it just sits there.......

BG

I had the same problem but nice site, anyway that was sweet and thats how these venders should be, that move on his part tells me they are kewl, BTW i spoke to Ken and he was very nice helpful and willing i told him about you recamending me to him. Its a small world and i would love to get some things from them thanks.

Malachi

Oh drat looks like he doesn't have pixies for sale currently. But the sites works for me fine using chrome browser.

BG

I just got on the site. great frogs ,prices and seems like a nice opparation good luck next time im goin to call them i like the red ornate i asked them how much is shipping to NY and well take it from there.

Thread Information