Thread: What to do with American Green Tree Frogs

Default What to do with American Green Tree Frogs

I have two American green tree frogs, that I bought before I really knew anything about frogs. As I am sure most of you know they are not the most interesting pets, and I live in southeastern PA so I can't just set them free.

I'd like to make some room for dart frogs, and there is a really nice pet store nearby (Captain Nemo's) that will take them, or so I have heard. All of the animals look really healthy and well taken care of and most of their enclosures are nice and big. However they house their American green tree frogs in the smallest available plastic terrarium, (very clean with a live plant and substrate, and water dish) but still. They sell them for $20 or less and I just imagine that they are all purchased for a drooling toddler who will either neglect it or never upgrade the tiny cage it came in.

I would just feel like a bad parent doing that, I know that the chances of someone taking as good care of them as I do are slim.

I have even tried to pawn them off to nieces and nephews, 30 gal terrarium and all. That way I could still make sure they are being taken care of properly, but no luck there.

Anyone have any ideas?/Want two American green TFs? haha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zach

Default Re: What to do with American Green Tree Frogs

I would totally take them if I could.

artes

You could try making an add on the sell/buy/trade forum thing here, and see if anybody who lives nearby will take them off your hands. Wish I could, but that's a bit of a drive for me. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by artes View Post
    You could try making an add on the sell/buy/trade forum thing here, and see if anybody who lives nearby will take them off your hands. Wish I could, but that's a bit of a drive for me. >_>
    That's a good idea. I actually might be willing to cover shipping. Do you happen to know who will allow you to ship animals? Think it will cost more than $50.

artes

I don't know anything about shipping babies. I guess you can ask someone on there that if they are willing to pay for shipping, all they have to do is tell you how to do it, lol.

BG

Post Re: What to do with American Green Tree Frogs

Becareful who you sell them to because they could use them as feeders

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Becareful who you sell them to because they could use them as feeders
    Yea, that crossed my mind. I put up a classified in the for sale/trade section, so hopefully there is no one on the forum who would do that. I did advertise them as needing a good home and offered to pay shipping, so anyone would would do that has some bad karma coming their way.

artes

If you're paying shipping, I would be willing to give them a good home actually. I just can't afford the shipping right now. I have three other green tree frogs they could live with.

Quote Originally Posted by artes View Post
    If you're paying shipping, I would be willing to give them a good home actually. I just can't afford the shipping right now. I have three other green tree frogs they could live with.
    Fair enough, its worth it to me if I know they will be going to a good home. If you want to PM me your address, I will stop by a ups store tomorrow to find out details.

Thread Information