Thread: New pacman frog tank setup?

Gene

Default New pacman frog tank setup?

I'm a new pacman frog owner, I got him about 3 weeks ago. For the first couple weeks, I kept him in the small kritter keeper tank which obviously wasn't ideal but he seemed ok as he was eating regularly and shedded too. This past week, I bought a zilla tropical starter kit. I bought a couple other things too including a cricket keeper, water dish, etc. Here's my tank setup: 10gal with screen top and dome light with day blue light. Bedding consists of a tank liner with repti bark on top and moss on top of that. There's also a heat mat under one side of the tank. I was having a hard time maintaining a good temp, it was hovering around room temp but I've now covered the screen top with foil and that's solved that problem. However, I still can't maintain the humidity. I thoroughly spray the whole tank several times per day and it will go up to about 70% for a while but then it hovers around 50% even if I turn the light off.
    My first issue is the humidity problem. Can anyone provide me with some tips to maintain a proper humidity.
    My second issue is the fact that I think he's gone into estivation. Since I put him in the new tank about 4 days ago, he's stayed burrowed in the same spot and hasn't eaten anything or gone in the water. I don't know what's caused this as the temp never dropped very low and I'm wondering how long he's going to stay like this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information