Thread: Baby Adpersus drops dead??

pyxieBob

Unhappy Baby Adpersus drops dead??

I just got a baby Adspersus in thre mail. He looked great and his belly was pretty big like they just fed him 2 big crickets. It wasn't air because I lightly poked it and could feel a lump. So after 24 hrs I offered him a medium crcket and he refused. So I offered a wax worm and again he showed no feeding interest. Next morning he was dead in the container. his environment was warm and moist so I'm lost. And open to any suggestions or posts abt this. Do you think it was the stress from shipping? He was only in the mail for less than 13 hrs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Baby Adpersus drops dead??

Im so sorry pyxieBob , Its hard to know what happened but I would suggest you contact the people to bought him from and see if you can get a refund.

clownonfire

So sorry. Really.

I agree with Ebony. You should contact the breeder/vendor and explain the situation.

Good luck, and sorry again for your loss.

Eric

pyxieBob

I did contact them and he said, well no warrenty on frogs but let me think it over for today and call you tomorrow. So I really hope he sends me another one. Iv been waiting for years for another true Adspersus!

Jeff Kennedy

The most common killer in Pyxie froglets is too much food, not enough time to digest. It sounds to me like the seller power fed him prior to shipping so that he would look nice and plump for you, yet he was already bloating when you received him. I have touched on this a couple of times on this forum but basically, baby Pyxies will eat themselves to death. The waste cannot be expelled fast enough and the bacteria is released into the body, the frog bloats and dies. Going by your description about his size when you received him and the fact that he was refusing food altogether from you, leads me to suspect this.

pyxieBob

Those were my thoughts also, glad you see it that way. What a damn shame and waste of money. I would rather have him a little under fed w a big appetite. I am extremely dissatisfied

Jeff Kennedy

Yeah, I'm sorry for your loss. We caution all of our buyers about these guys when they are small. They are actually quite "iffy" as froglets. High temps and fresh water are a must for them, especially when they are young and growing.

pyxieBob

I told them I have raised several pyxies from tiny babies and never had this issue. So I truly hope they realize they are 100% responsible for this and send me a healthy baby. I payed 90$ total and he was here for less than 48 hours. Actual Adspersus are too hard to find. hopefully he has good news for me tomorrow rather than shrugging his shoulders.

Thread Information