Thread: Question about branches

TwiAly

Default Question about branches

I am having a hard time finding exactly what I want as far as branches for my tree frogs for the live vivs I'm working on. I've read you can use real sticks/branches and they have to be baked and such. Can someone explain all this to me. What kind of trees are safe, which trees should I avoid getting branches from, how do I know if a branch is a good one to use and such (ig: live, dead, rotting), baking temp/time, and anything else you want to add would be great.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

clownonfire

Default Re: Question about branches

Aly, how are things? As for branches, here's an article that has all in info you need:

Caudata Culture Articles - Wood in Vivaria

Eric

Leefrogs

and that link says "any drift wood" basicly cuz you cannot identify what wood it is when not attached to a tree. I use the rule that if it's old& barkless it's been off the tree atleast 5 years. All toxins are long leached out of it. If it's rotten, scrape all the rot off with a rock until you reach solid wood. Any green discoloration should be scraped off also, this is rot. You can use a potato peeler. Then bake.

TwiAly

Thanks guys that's exactly what I needed to know, great link.

Eric- I'm doing alright, much better today then a couple of days ago. Thanks for asking.

Thread Information