Thread: URGENT: where in a house would a FBT hide?!

inkrealm

Default URGENT: where in a house would a FBT hide?!

No joke. we had a huge storm last night and I think it must've spooked him, he's GONE. I have no idea how he got out, there were no obvious openings, but he did,I picked it apart rock by rock and he is not there. where in a house would he go and how long can they survive without water? :/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

clownonfire

Default Re: URGENT: where in a house would a FBT hide?!

Quote Originally Posted by inkrealm View Post
    No joke. we had a huge storm last night and I think it must've spooked him, he's GONE. I have no idea how he got out, there were no obvious openings, but he did,I picked it apart rock by rock and he is not there. where in a house would he go and how long can they survive without water? :/
    FBTs are very active. The first instinct will be to find some cover, to hide under something. He also might be looking for somewhere moist. Have you checked your plants? And moreover, around his tank? Chances are he's closer to the floor than on higher grounds.

bshmerlie

Put a bunch of water dishes around the room on the floor. He most certainly is going to be looking for a water source. Use plates or something shallow that he can climb into.

inkrealm

do you think he'd go down the stairs? :/ I moved some stuff to limit small spaces he might wanna hide in and we're looking for some things to put water in....
    thanks guys...
    I have also checked around the tank and the entire room it was in. the thing is we keep them in the extra bathroom, because it's the warmest and most steady temperature.. he wasn't in the shower though, or near the toilet, or in the sink unless he went down the drain.... ( which surely he wouldn't have D: ) he can't get into the cabinets as they were closed but I checked all underneathe them and behind everything, no luck. will he start crying when he gets stressed by lack of water or if he gets trapped?

also we only have one plant on the floor below him, and it's rather dead ( my mom's not very good with them >.<; ) I guess he might try for it anyways but I couldn't see it, and I'm hoping to God they aren't likely to go down stairs... I can't imagine he'd do that would he? DX
    we've checked every tiny space we could except:
    we have a bunch of garbage bags full of toys under the beds because we're trying to sell the house, could he be in there? would he really go there? >< and my one closset that has TONS of buckets and stuff crammed in it. I tried to look through it a little but it's pretty hard, and I didn't here him moving, and I stuffed a blanket under it so he could cli,mb under now. surely he wouldn't be in there? I sat some water out in a few places, though I didn't see him around any of them; do you think he'd be attracted by the sound of running water?

edit: he's not in anywhere nearby that I can see, so he must have taken cover and moved on.... according to this he could be dead already.... once he stops hopping I don't think we have much chance... and if he shrivels I guess we'll never know..... I'll leave the dishes out a few days just in case.... but a lot of people found theirs dead that morning, I'm betting the only reason I haven't is he must have decided to explore after escaped... :/ thanks for the help guys <3

Thread Information