Thread: Need help with whites tree frog!!! Asap!!!

KassyMiller

Exclamation Need help with whites tree frog!!! Asap!!!

I have previously owned two whites tree frogs, however they both passed away. for my two year anniversary my boyfriend bought me two new frogs. i have everything for them, the tank, the light, the heating pad, water dish. one just recently has turned purple and has been very lathargic. before i seen it turning purple it was doing this odd thing with its mouth, like opening and closing it as if it maybe were choking? it really freaked me out. i love my frogs as if they were any other pet to someone else like a dog. and i dont know what i can do . the other tree frog i have is perfectly fine and green as can be! so could my frog possibly be sick?

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Need help with whites tree frog!!! Asap!!!

Hi there KassyMiller. I dont keep Whites tree frogs but I suggest separating it immediately from the other frog. The opening and closing of the mouth does sound like it may have been shedding its skin. It would help to post photo's of your enclosure and the sick frog. When did your frog last eat? What do you keep the temp/humidity at?
    If you are able a vet would be your best source of professional immediate help as we can really only just speculate. Good luck.

3. This member thanks Ebony for this post:

Webby

hello kassy! i keep 2 whites tree frogs and they open and close their mouths when they shed and darken slightly in colour. i usually find mine become a dark green colour (i remember reading that frogs have two skins, one of which is blue and the other yellow which gives them the green colour). as to the purple colour im not too sure. make sure they're well hydrated and in warm conditions. hope he's ok!!

5. This member thanks Webby for this post:

KassyMiller

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    Hi there KassyMiller. I dont keep Whites tree frogs but I suggest separating it immediately from the other frog. The opening and closing of the mouth does sound like it may have been shedding its skin. It would help to post photo's of your enclosure and the sick frog. When did your frog last eat? What do you keep the temp/humidity at?
    If you are able a vet would be your best source of professional immediate help as we can really only just speculate. Good luck.
    idont know what the temp and humidity is at. i dont have anything to tell me. i do know that there is droplets on the tank and i have a heating pad, soi know it is warm and very humid in there. the pic i have as my avatar is that of my sick frog winnifred. they last ate i would say 5 days ago, i was told to feed them once a week? i dont have a vet here that accomodates to froggies, i wish i did. he is still ill looking this morning it is very sad

Thread Information