Thread: Sick FBT...not sure what to do...

tlf3971

Unhappy Sick FBT...not sure what to do...

I have a 10 gallon tank, river rock (all larger than a nickel) some fresh and some artificial plants, reptorock with dual filters and waterfall, full spectrum aquarium flourescent bulb, floating turtle dock. They have about 4 inches of water and use every inch of the tank. I have 2 FBT, one I have had for 3.5 years and the other only 6 weeks. Webster (3.5 yrs) is a chubby, typical female. Ninja is a male and he was pretty small and skinny when we got him but never looked sickly. He still, today, has great color but he is not eating crickets and he is swimming in a circle, his legs are splayed and he looks weak and pathetic. He is named Ninja because he was a killer eater and he fattened up nicely in the last 6 weeks. My crickets are gutloaded daily with calcium bites, organic carrots, peppers, sometimes fruit, wheat baby food flakes and water bites...and I keep the cricket cage as well as the tank immaculate. My light is on a timer and they get 10 hours of light. Their tank is in the kitchen, away from the heat of the window but they still get the benefit of the light. I have NEVER had any problems. Ninja's eyes are clear but he can barely lift his head....Sunday am I noticed he was sick and I took him out to isolate him...I put the tiniest amount of melafix in his little tank and have tried to feed him toad bites but he will eat nothing....I don't know what to do next....the other toad is still perfect. any suggestions????? I noticed this am that there was a small amount of shed in the tank...I have examined every bit of his body, he has no cuts or lesions and he is not swollen anywhere...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

WalyLama

Default Re: Sick FBT...not sure what to do...

I have seen several posts with people saying their fbt swims in circles yet I have never seen an answer worth a ****. The fact its the newer one would bother me. I bought a newer little guy. The smallest fire belly I have ever seen actually and he is the absolute worst hunter. My only suggestion is try different bugs to get him to eat. Sometimes they seem to lazy to chase something down when they are sick. Try fruitflys. Sorry I'm not more help.

Thread Information