Thread: My Red Eye is about to die. Please help!

LIZZIE82

Default My Red Eye is about to die. Please help!

I posted about him before, but I didn't get many responses. I'm really worried about him. I took him to the vet on Wed and he was acting normal. The vet said that he was fine. I took him b/c I had a feeling he was getting sick. He wasn't moving much, wasn't eating and didn't keep his legs and arms in around his body. I brought him home and he didn't move again and has been going downhill ever since. His eyes have been open for over 24 hours now. He hasn't eaten and is soo skinny.

I don't know what to do??? I gave him a bath with pedialyte and spring water last night. He didn't move again last night. I took him out and put him in a kritter keeper and he's not moving. Just sitting at the bottom. I have paper towels in there, a small bowl to soak with spring water and pedialyte. There are 5 crickets in there. There is also a small fake plant for hiding. The temp is about 70 degrees in there.

I have tried to get a vet to see him in town and surrounding areas. There isn't any that can help because they are not herp vets. The one that I know that I have taken my frogs to before will not be available until Monday at 4. I just don't think he'll make it till then. I don't want him to suffer. Please, any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for any help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: My Red Eye is about to die. Please help!

Lizzie..Im so sorry .
    Its very hard for anyone to help you as we are not qualified and wouldn't want to steer you wrong. Im sorry you are unable to find a vet to help.

I know you recently lost your Whites tree frog also and that you had only had her/him a short time which to me sounds like he /she may have already been sick when you received him/her. Im not sure how long you had your Red eyed tree frog but that also could be the case. Do you have photo's of your enclosures. That may also help.

Thread Information