Thread: Anybody needs free treefrog tadpoles?

Anastassia

Question Anybody needs free treefrog tadpoles?

Ribbit..ribbit...I end up with a backyard pond full of tree frog (?) tadpoles..There are hundred of them there..or so..I do not know anything about frogs, never kept them..but do not want to kill them as I was watching them grow in my pond...Last night I heard another mating call..whicj horrifies me, because I still watch out babies from the last one..I need to get rid of the tadpoles and make my pond unattractive for others..Any ideas or resources that could help me?..Thank you!

bshmerlie

Default Re: Anybody needs free treefrog tadpoles?

Why don't you post a picture of one of the adult frogs so we can see what you're dealing with.

WalyLama

5 bucks says chorus frogs. Thet are in full swing in Cali.

kabburk

Smile Re: Anybody needs free treefrog tadpoles?

i will take all of the tree frog tadpoles you still have

email me if interested in getting rid of them

they will be well taken care of

kaburk@insight.rr.com

mzbluntz

Default looking to raise a tadpole to a frog

i am all new at this but have been researching and i want to grow a small indoor frog to see its growth stage from tadpole to a frog but i don't want a big ugly bullfrog. I want to take care of a pretty decent looking frog with amazing colors but there are so many out there i just don't want a ugly looking frog with red eyes just freaks me out lol. can anyone help me i will buy or take for free but only if you guys ship or near me i can meet you up or whatever is comfortable. Thanks i hope someone can help me out

Gabbyrocks

Talking Re: Anybody needs free treefrog tadpoles?

I am in desperate need of tree frogs, as I am a biologist who is investigating frog behaviour, particularly when it comes to mating. If you are willing to give them to me, then we would be able to help each other... I get frogs to research( just behavioural research, nothing involving chemicals of any sort) and I would be able to help you find a solution! Pleas contact me in regards to my proposal. Thanks

rkremenek

I would love some of the tadpoles. Could you call me ASAP (858)947-8721 or email rkremenek@gmail.com? Thank you!

avianblue

Quote Originally Posted by Anastassia View Post
    Ribbit..ribbit...I end up with a backyard pond full of tree frog (?) tadpoles..There are hundred of them there..or so..I do not know anything about frogs, never kept them..but do not want to kill them as I was watching them grow in my pond...Last night I heard another mating call..whicj horrifies me, because I still watch out babies from the last one..I need to get rid of the tadpoles and make my pond unattractive for others..Any ideas or resources that could help me?..Thank you!
    I would very much like a few dozen tadpoles to put into my backyard pond.
    I live in Pacific Washington. I've tried to reach people that might have access to tadpoles thru craigslist for my area but have not had any results.

Thanks in advance if you have any tadpoles left that you can send to me. I will pay the shipping to send them to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by avianblue View Post
    I would very much like a few dozen tadpoles to put into my backyard pond.
    I live in Pacific Washington. I've tried to reach people that might have access to tadpoles thru craigslist for my area but have not had any results.

Thanks in advance if you have any tadpoles left that you can send to me. I will pay the shipping to send them to me.
    If you wish frogs in your pond, you should take measures to attract local ones, or at least find some that are from near you. Many states have legislation making it illegal to release captive animals. If you move frogs from California to Washington, you could kill the frogs your release as they may not be adapted to live in the environment you provide them. You could also (much worse) contribute to the spread of numerous pathogens, fungi, bacteria, and parasites that could culminate in many amphibians dying.

I would suggest heavily planting your pond with emergent vegetation around the water, with gradual sloping banks, and providing a thick layer of muck (later to be detritus) at the bottom. This will most likely attract local amphibians, which is more desirable and responsible from an environmental standpoint.

demon amphibians

I live in san diego. i would love to take a bunch off your hands and hopefully i can identify them for you.

This thread is 2 years old and the OP has never returned. Nobody should get their hopes up for his/her tadpoles that are no longer tadpoles. This thread is due to be revived in another 9 months.

Thread Information