Thread: Hello dear Froggy fellows

Froggy girl

Smile Hello dear Froggy fellows

Hello I I'm very new to this and I recently found two rana temporarais I'm guessing their about one year or nearly a year old very cute and small I've been keepin them for a few months now I found them in Febuary and looking after them as best as I could any tips or secrets about them?

Zach

Default Re: Hello dear Froggy fellows

Welcome! I assume you mean Rana temporaria. I don't have any experience with them since I live in the states, but from what I understand they live in woodland habitats most of the year. A longish terrarium with a small water bowl deep enough to submerge in should sufice.

lnaminneci

Froggy girl,

Welcome to the Forum!

I found this about your little froggies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rana_temporaria

I am assuming you are overseas in Europe. If you could update your country on your profile, please.

One of the experts may pop in and add some more information for you as well.

Enjoy the site!

~Lesley

Kurt

Welcome aboard. Could you please post your location and country in your profile? It helps us to help you better. Thanks.

Froggy girl

Thumbs up Re: Hello dear Froggy fellows

Thank u everyone I very much feel at home and thank u lesly (sorry if I spelt ur name wr0ng) for the website really want know if their male and female or not but gunna have to wait 2-3 years PATIENCE and sorry everyone that I haven't put on the country I'm from I'll do that rite away and Bytheway I'm 12 I'm very interested in frogs since I was 6 and since my mum won't let me keep the really cool frogs like tree frogs and all I just have to look after the rana temporaria but they are so cute!!!

Froggy girl

Oh and have two problems 1. My frogs aren't eatin much harddly at all and they are quite thin looking my frogs are nearly 2 cm long and I'm giving them beetles and a couple of red ants and also a couple of tiny spiders but hardly have eatin and it's very hard to find the tiny flies PLZ HELP 2. How do u put avatars it always says it doesn't exit or something sorry for being quite stupid or complicated

Zach

Sounds like the best thing to do would be to let them go if they are wild caught. If you insist on keeping them, offer crickets from a pet store, frogs often dont like beetles and ants.

Froggy girl

I'll try to find some crickets in the petstore but I remember when I had a big frog (which I fink my brother found him and let it go) loved spiders in water cause when the spider went into his water bowl (which was big enough for him to swim in) he jumped after the spider and wait down the bottom for the spider to come near him and when the spider did he really quickley coaght him and that was the end of that spider and I could see it all happening it was amazing I miss that wee frog

Froggy girl

Yay I found some small enough flies for my froggies to eat and they are as fat as elephants now lol the flies I found were in my mums greenhouse on a really sunny day and thay were black and looked like miniture dragonflies and were all different sizes but I picked the ones that will fit into my two fussy frogs mouthes I took about ten of them and they ate most of them
    Phew I finally found what they like oh and I can't find any crickets in the pet store but I'll keep an eye out for them

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi Froggy Girl. Glad your frogs are eating. Just make sure anything you give them has not come in contact with sprays/ chemicals..make sure your mum has not sprayed the plants in the green house.

Froggy girl

Hi ebony no my mum hasn't sprayed anything in her greenhouse yet because she always tells me if she does. I'm sooooo annoyed because I'm going on a holiday and my mum won't let me keep the frogs she said to let them go because noone will look after them when I'm away

Thread Information